Happy New Year Peeps!
Recent events had provided some invaluable inspirations for a person still trying to carve out a future like myself.
Just visited the Hoover Dam on the last road trip, and was amazed that it took only 5 years to build that dam over Colorado river in the 1930s. That was really an architectural feat. What I was more enlightened by is the way the dam was built. It actually took 2 full years before the first bucket of concrete was poured onto the river bed. Those 2 years were spent digging 4 long by-passes to channel the river so that the site could be dry for construction to begin, and of course, that cost as much as the dam itself in terms of manpower and costs. It's interesting because few people will be willing to invest this much in objectives that is not directly related to the actual goal itself, but these objectives are actually paramount to the success of the ultimate goal. Investments in tools are sometimes as important as, if not more important than, investments in the golden goose itself.

I was watching Cloudy with a chance of meatballs on Friday. It was definitely a good movie. The inspiration from it actually comes from Flint, that scientist whom everyone laughed at. His true dedication to what he believed in is truly inspiring, even though it's just a movie and it's all fake. :) To believe in something for so many years under a scornful environment, to be able to keep inventing new stuff (most of which are useless), to be able to remain undaunted and focused, is no easy feat. When one finally says, "I believe I've got it this time.", you know how much the person has gone through.

That said, with some important aspects of my life already fulfilled in 2009, I'm perhaps left with only one single, and perhaps one of the most important resolution for the year.
That is, to remain focused and undaunted on the task I'm destined to do and tirelessly work towards that goal.