|
|
|
Life with a missing piece.
Gosh... It seems like no matter which sport I do, I just can't escape some form of injuries. When I play basketball, I may hurt my knee and sprain my ankle. When I play soccer, I over-strain my thigh. Even when I turned to swimming, which is regarded as one of the safest sport, I get the swimmer's ear, aka ear infection, and become literally half deaf! Is there a sport which i can actively enjoy without any form of potential risks???
Anyway, these incidents made me to experience life in a different way. When I strained my thigh and was out for 1.5 months, sports was just taken out of my life. I had all the while thought about what is life without basketball, about the day when I can no longer play bball for the rest of my life. I really couldn't imagine that day. And yet, God gave me a preview of how that life could be. I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I could still do other stuff like entertaining myself with the piano. Piano... what is life without music then? What if I can no longer listen to Rainie's songs? What if I can no longer enjoy 93.3? What if I can't listen to what I play on the piano? What is a world of silence like? Being half-deaf made me realize while it really isn't end of the world to be deaf, it probably would affect my life significantly more than if I wouldn't be able to play bball. I wouldn't be able to hear my loved ones talking to me, wouldn't be able to hear their laughter, wouldn't be able to hear my own jokes that I cracked on them... That is not fun at all. Hmm, Looking at the association with what I wonder and what I get, I better not wonder what would life be in a world of darkness, else I'd get pimples grown near my eyes!!! Life is just so delicate. It could become miserable really easily, like how easy it is to get an ear infection. We just got to do everything we can to keep ourselves safe, and leave the rest for God to decide. I wish my loved ones best of health, today and everyday. :) Oh yes, you guys better don't talk to me these few days. Cos I tia bo! Heng yuan yuan chun's comments come earlier, 不然我就听不进去啦! =) But then again, 至少肯定不会一边进去,一边出来. :) |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|