Halloween
Halloween was really awesome this year! Though nothing really happening happened, it was the first Halloween I had with my bro and his fiancee. An ang moh event with my own family! How cool that is! And of course, bro drove down cos i was too sick to drive up :P But of cos, being typical sgreans, we never change our habits... It was a mahjong and and chilli crab weekend :)



Another highlight of the event was the act of giving. A gift to someone from the next generation. "Trick or Treat!" That little 5-year-old boy who held out his ghoulish hand toy, looking up at me, innocently hoping for candy, following the tradition of the American culture. This is probably the first time giving out something to some young one during a festival. It just feels... unfamiliar. I didn't really know what I should do, how should I respond, and I even hoped I had dressed up for the occasion and not get too caught up with making chilli crab. Alas... I guess I'm just too lazy and broke to dress up. =) I guess time is changing for us mid-twenties...
Last year, this time, Halloween was spent alone... and there were "Trick Or Treat" knocks on the door which I ignored. heh~ Give AS LJ some peace :)
5 years
I just realized my project lead is just about 5 years older than I am... which kinda make me wonder... Will I be like him in 5 years time? Will I reach his current standard or even surpass him? He gives me a really smart Stanford-like feel, but is that from a whiz brain, or is that from experience? I only hope I'd be able to find my way around this foggy area of the software woods in 5 years. Then again... 5 years is probably already too late.
It's also interesting to see where all my other friends have progressed in 5 years... It's a pretty long time to gain some pretty good experience. hmmm...
Give justice
Alrighty... shall give some justice to my landlord for agreeing to waive my rent late fees that I was whining last time... I guess they're still pretty reasonable peeps... heh~ Probably more because of the more dedicated and friendlier staff in the management office right now, as compared to a year or two ago...