From Swatow and back to Singapore ~ ST
"In love, we are first attracted to someone, and then, at some point, we make a choice, a conscious act of volition: I choose you - for a lifetime."
"I sometimes think of the what-might-have-beens: What if my parents had remained in Malaysia, where they lived for several years before heading to Singapore? I might have stopped schooling at 16, and married a vegetable-seller's son."
Some things that sorta caught my eyes... thinking of the what-might-have-beens... Many things in life are probably what-might-have-beens... Many points in life, are Y junctions. What if my dad grew up in China? what if I didn't pick wushu in sec sch? What if I had chosen to stay in sg for college? what if I hadn't chao kenged in army? What if I decided to play and do badly in school? What if I hadn't met whom I met? What if I had really met someone earlier than I had met?
Things could be for the better or the worse. But I guess, as I have iterated many times over, God had really taken good care of me, had planned out things so well and sufficiently smooth that I really couldn't imagine what would have happened otherwise. I give my thanks to God. I give my thanks to my parents. I give my thanks to my family. I give my thanks to you. Thanks for being part of my life! I choose you.