The final 21 days?
It's the first time putting a number to the time I get to spend back home. It's the first time wondering how would that 21 days pass by. It's the first time I really wished that these 21 days would never pass. I still have not really come to terms with the fact that this could be the last 21 days I'd be able to see her, to speak to her, and hopefully hear her speak, if she could even survive till my return in the first place. I'm sure she can. I'm sure she can even last till way after my brother's return. "Your days are numbered" - I can't even imagine how it would feel like if your doctor finally puts an estimate number to how long you live. I can't even imagine how it'd feel like if you know you're going to die in x days. Yet I'm now capping my interaction with her to 21 days. I can't imagine how I'd feel on the 21st day. The day before I leave Singapore, the day when I had to say goodbye. How can I even leave knowing that it could possibly be the last time I'd see her? But I guess 21 is a good number. It'll bring her luck and I'd still be able to see her at the end of the year.
Helpless! I guess that's why I had immersed myself in games recently. To feel the control of destiny within my grasp... To enter the digital world, and to forget the cold reality.
The last time my maternal grandmother passed on, she made me promised that I'd get 4As. She wanted me to succeed in life. And I did. I realized my promise to her. This time, I'm going to promise my paternal grandmother that I'd succeed in life. I will realize this promise like I had done so before.