|
|
|
Despite every indication the shares will prove worthless after the auto maker is restructured in bankruptcy, General Motor' Corp.'s (GMGMQ) stock has risen since its bankruptcy filing. Why are you buying GM shares?
A reader writes: Investors buying GM may be placed in two classes. The first are those that seem to think a cheap stock is a stock with a very low price. They will pay for this error in time. The second class of investor may be smarter than you believe. This person is likely to arbitrage situations in search of value. One distinguishing characteristic is that this person does this with many stocks at a time, even hundreds, understanding that he or she only has to be right 10%-20% of the time to make a good profit. These are the people who close inefficiencies in the markets. They are necessary to all of us. Finally, remember that some may be buying long to prepare for a profitable, future short-cover. hahaha~ I guess I'm the second class of guy, even when i missed this boat... grrr... 气死人! Alrighty, it's back to business... it's kinda hard to set your mind down to something when there's something else, or rather, many other something else, troubling it at the other end. Life is never perfect, especially when you pass the quarter century mark. I guess if one ever waits for a perfect timing before one sets one's mind to accomplish something, that thing will never be done. All these feel just like a typical drama, only it's real-life. To accomplish something, in the midst of 1001 other things that would crop up, things that are never related to what you want to accomplish. That said, and in addition, every mission in itself has its own set of problems. I guess, those who really made it in life, deserve everyone's admiration. I had better get back on track. A senior has already started something way earlier than i do. I better make him my pacer and catch up with him. Gloomy times... waiting for some signs of good news. But I guess even the greatest news will appear to be paler during these times. One just has to stay positive to not get trapped within these waves and waves of troubles, and to remain afloat no matter what. It's been ages since I heard some really good news. Hopefully, my eldest brother's wedding and my elder brother's engagement will provide the family enough good luck for a new wave of good news. :) Ohhh... life as a kid was so much more care-free... it's probably our turn to pass down that feeling. Another fact of life... Like any experienced ah pek will tell you: when you solve a problem, you create another. Why can't life have a total solution for some thing??? When I thought I found a solution for my knee problem, part of it is to strengthen that part of the muscles through jumping jacks, only then do I realize that I can no longer do jumping jacks more than a few hundred times. Not that the muscles could not take it, but a wrong breathing technique (such as a deep breath) would trigger mysterious stitches down the appendix. Now I either find a solution for that solution, or find another solution for the knee problem. Oh well... life is never perfect, probably because humans are never perfect. We generate as many problems as the ones we resolve. This year, I only pray for life to be better, in a holistic sense. Let's look for some good news this year! |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|