Life or no life.
Read from somewhere where someone made this comment: JC is for people with no life and Poly is for those who do. Interesting thought. Kinda makes me think back on my own JC life.
I guess I would conclude that regardless of either type of institution, this remains a characteristic of the individual. Students in JC could have a whole lot of activities, while those in Poly may be more concerned with their hands-on work in school. In the least, as a JC student who used to play bball almost everyday and has wushu training 2-3 times a week, I would say that I did have a pretty interesting JC life. Not to mention all those mass dance sessions, festivals like MAF, CNY, etc where we had our dose of wushu performances as well as Talentime performances. Of course, play aside, when it's time to work, it was really hell. First year finals, block tests, prelims, A levels. But well, to work hard and play hard, isn't that a good way of life?
But JC really wasn't hell when compared to college. No life, probably is more of college characteristic than a JC characteristic for me. But what is life when you're preparing for life itself, when you know what you're learning is what you'd depend on in the future?