|
|
|
Right on.
One of the darkest time I had during my college years was to get myself stuck in a relationship which led to nowhere. Not that I had regretted, but I still can't deny that it was one of my worst days emotionally. I could still vividly remember how much I hated that guy, who kept trying to patch up with her, when the relationship was already over and I had already stepped in. I hated him so much that I even silently wished that this guy would simply mysteriously disappear from the surface of the earth. What's worse? The girl did nothing to keep this guy at arm's length, even though she clearly told me umpteen times that the relationship with him was over. At that time, I wished I could set my mind at ease and totally believe her... trusts that she liked me when she still spends more time talking to him. Helpless, was the word to describe myself at that time. I couldn't blame that guy, cos he's just trying to patch up. I couldn't blame her, cos she should have her freedom to keep in contact with whoever she wants. I could only blame fate, that I had to put myself at the mercy of the insensitivity of the girl. Each night was literally a knife stabbed through the heart. But who knew that? Who understood that feeling? And who actually cared? Jealousy, the strongest of all emotions, is really the last thing one wants inflict on a love partner. That is also the quickest and easiest way to strain a relationship without knowing, because none of the parties are really at fault and most importantly the inflicter won't feel it at all if he/she isn't sensitive enough, cos it's easy to go unnoticed as nothing really seems wrong. You know what's happening, doesn't mean that someone else knows what's happening. So yes, to all you couples out there, if you truly love your partner, be sensitive and don't ever try to make him/her jealous. Look at yourself and see if you've done unconsciously done anything to arouse that feeling. That really is the last thing you want to do to someone you love. I've been through that and trust me, it sucks. Again, I've digressed from the reason I brought this up. The reason I brought this topic up is I knew from the very beginning that this guy, would really become one of my really good friends, if not for the girl. We were really similar in the way we think, and the things we want to achieve. And this bond may be because of our Chinese High spirit. He's also one of my best friend's brother. I am right on. Now that everyone has finally gotten passed that episode, and there isn't any more external barrier, the friendship between us starts to grow. He is the one who inspired me that competition really isn't competition, but rather coorperation. He doesn't see me as a competitor, but rather a partner. Such are signs of a great businessman. This guy is poised to become the founder and CEO of a really huge corporation in 20-30 years time. And of course, I shall use this episode to assure my (future) girl that I'd never ever do anything to make her jealous, because I don't want her to go through the nightmare that I had. But of course, it's stated in terms of love lahz... I shall continue to make her jealous of my weekly beach parties! Woohoo!!! I just got my wet suit and my Boogee Board. I shall hereby name the board "Boogee gah gah". =) Gas experiment. On the recent trip back from my bro's place, I've just come up with a few conclusions on gas savings. The experiment was conducted in the following scenario. Scenario: Long continuous drive for 5 hrs. Variable: Fill up gas half tank twice. Constant: Fill up gas to full tank once. Results: No significant difference in gas mileage. Possible explanation: The effect of weight of car is only significant on change of speeds, ie acceleration or retardation, based on the reasoning of inertia. Given a long drive of 5 hrs, the proportion of speed changes is insignificant compared to the proportion of constant speeds. Therefore, this results in little difference in the resulting gas mileage of both tests. The situation, however, is different if the drive contains frequent change of speeds, which is typical of normal daily runs. Filling only half the tank will result in considerable savings because less energy is required for acceleration, and less damage is inflicted on the brakes due to the lower weight of the car. On love. Sometimes I wonder if one can really be as accomodating in love as one is in friendship. Is it possible for someone else to accept you as the way you are, and appreciate you as the way you are, even though you have stuff which the other party may not like? Oh well, whenever I think of love, I always think of the way LJJ faught for love in the show "原来我不帅". I shall fight for love in the same spirit as his. Reminds me of the song "期待爱". But it's a pity I can't post the lyrics up here. I think china has probably imposed a blanket on all China domains from coming up during this period of Olympics. |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|