|
|
|
Decision. Yet another decision to be made.
This morning, I was thinking about how fragile the balance of my life could be. I was really surprised at how easily the equation could be thrown into a state of imbalance when I added in another variable, how drastic my plans would change. My current plan is to work for another year, and then go for full-time MBA for 2 years and then work for another 2-3 years. One of the main reasons for going for full-time MBA, other than allowing more time accommodation for my purposes, is to hopefully find a worthy life partner. Then after that work for another few years before reaching a new stage in life. It suddenly stuck me, what could have changed if another variable enters the equation. What if I found my life partner before I start my MBA program? I was really surprised at how much things would change. My plans would totally become invalid, but it's not necessarily for the worse. The reason to go full-time MBA no longer justifies itself, since I already have found a partner. Moreover, I would have to be working as well in order to temporarily help support her as well, especially if I would want her to come over to the States. The thought of doing part time MBA and full time work was previously shoved, without hesitation, to the side bench and I never ever thought it would be a plausible alternative at all. But then again, if she's a worthy life partner, such an alternative no longer seems as daunting as before. And if I'm working full-time, I wouldn't choose a school that is as far away like Stanford or Berkeley. I would probably stick to Irvine or Anderson, or even UCSD. So my choice of school will probably change as well. A third change would be since I'd be working, that means I'd be an engineer for 4 years before turning to the management side, which is an ideal duration for an engineering manager. This is the plus side. And the last change is since I'd be sedentary for the next 6 years, it suddenly becomes justifiable for me to buy my own apartment. This is something that has been pushed back till when I finally settle down. Another plus point. Already 4 changes because another person steps into my life. Other changes may include marriage and having kids. Such is a decision of 2 people, and as a person who regards family as first, if the wife's dream is to have kids early and be a young mother, I'd definitely respect that. Furthermore, with so many cute little kids running around in my neighbourhood and so many stories from my colleagues, there's definitely some kind of influence on a normal man. So it's not necessarily something to abstain from. But that would imply a whole lot of changes in the plans after that, again, not necessarily bad. That would mean, my initial plans of 3 years work, may have to be extended to feed another mouth and everything. That could also mean I'd have to start my dreams a few years later. But the main thing that never crossed my mind is that child may have to be brought up in the States till elementary school, or even into elementary school. Not necessarily bad thing, but it's just something I dismissed right away previously. I prefer sg education and culture. I don't want my kid to grow up like an ang moh. hahaha~ So that's a whole lot of changes I envision with an addition of a variable. Changes are merely changes; they may be for better or for worse. But that's not something for me to control. What matters is a worthy life partner by my side. hahaha I think I'm crapping and imagining too much. Maybe because I'm poisoned. Was just a little surprised at how things could possibly change with a simple addition to the equation. All the things I never thought of, actually could become a viable alternative. And this is amazing. Whatever it is, Family first. All other things can be compromised. Of course, the most ideal case is to find a solution to every problem lahz, so everyone's happy. Enough crapping. tataz. |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|