Just heard from a friend that another ill-fated friend, Huiyi, just passed away last week... and guess what, the cause was cancer. Yes, cancer! At the age of 26! We really shouldn't take it for granted that just because we're young, we're immune to all deadly disease, typically related to old age. We really should take better care of health if we can help it.
It's really hard to believe that the class xmas party 3 yrs ago, actually became the last time I saw her. Not that we're really close friends, but still, we're friends, friends who've been through the slaughtering 2 years of JC life, friends close enough to wish for the well-being of the other. Oh well, this reminds me even more that I should cherish my friends while I still can. Every one of them has made a difference in my life, no matter how big or small. You never know before it is too late to cherish someone you love.
To think I was only starting out on my journey, starting out on my dreams, starting out on my search for love, starting out on everything, and she has already ended her journey, after suffering 15 years of education pains.
Well, do rest in peace, my friend. I wish you the best in the other world.