"I've not regretted hiring you."
That's exactly what I was working for. That's exactly the reassurance I needed. That's what my manager said to me in the annual performance review meeting with him today.
I'm happy! =) I'm happy that there wasn't really anything bad to say about me. I'm happy that my work has been recognized and acknowledged. I'm glad that I didn't let my manager down. I'm happy I was able to contribute to the team.
Although I had pretty nice appraisals, I still feel that I have not done enough. I still feel that I'm doing things slower than I should. I still feel that my pay still doesn't justify the work I contributed. Oh well... perhaps it does. That's engineering. Time passes by quickly. You know nothing. You get nothing done and nothing works. But you still get paid. My manager's going to recommend a pay adjustment for me!!! wooohooo! Even though I was only here for half a yr, and contributed nothing much!!!
I like my manager, I like my department, I like my job!!! wahhahha~ Although it really isn't the most highly paid job you can find, it certainly is the most suitable one for me, in terms of stress, opportunities, colleague relationships, and happiness at work! One word summarizes all - I'mHappy! =)