|
|
|
Life always has its ups and downs. While the fire of IPs are burning high, the flame of invention phobia still lurked. After all, how can a fire extinguish another fire? As they said, 解铃人还需系铃人。 To conquer this phobia that was generated by the 3 years of college, I'd still have to prove to myself that I'd be able to make something successfully. And it has to be something substantial. After all, what is the point of having a good idea when one can't realize it? And I can only say that this is really a true and first phobia that I have at least of this degree, as opposed to the wasabi phobia :P. But whenever I think about it, all the work that has to be put in simply overwhelmed me. And I know that it's caused by the famous words again - "I donno lei". Alright, I'm still trying to find out the formula of tackling this. Learning, looking for the right people, engaging the right help.
Anyway, on to a more happening note. This period of time is really pretty happening. The msian and US elections, the US recession, JI escape, etc... Talking about the escape, it really is truly intriguing to see how 2 pple without much power could cause such an amazing uproar. Imagine you're one of the 2 officers, and you caused the entire Asia to be on guard as well as the activation of the Interpol, in addition to the expected massive and exaggerating-as-usual national operations. And not only that, you caused jams on all outlets of the country, esp the causeways. And for that, tourism to neighbouring countries as well as this one is affected, because it becomes a chore to travel, as you'd be wasting more than 3x the normal time required to. As a result the economies suffered slightly in this era of US recession, or at least the resorts up in msia were complaining of fewer visitors than usual because of the causeway jams. It's analogous to the typical example of a ger taking an especially long time to park a car and caused an entire jam in the parking lot just because she had to take 3-4 tries to park successfully. wahahah such sexism. =P jk~ Anw, talking about US recession. It's also truly amazing how the credit market meltdown could have so much influence on other sectors. Everyone's down just because no one buys houses in US. Really, and everyone means the entire world, not only the other industrial sectors in US! It just shows how integrated the world is in this era. When a country's down, all the other countries will be affected somehow, and obviously the impact will be much larger like this if that country is the world's most vibrant economy. Well, this is the first time I'm mature enough to look, marvel and understand all the activities that are going on, and all the measures to avoid it. It's really just like a mantis blocking a car. Forget it man. If it's going to come, it will come. I'm just relieved that I'm not in the credit market now, esp when I'm starting my career. But of course, an optimist will always look for opportunities in the gloomy days. Even though the entire stock market is down-sliding, and the stocks are all so volatile, there are still some companies which are going up, and you just got to know who and when. Oh well, that would require an expert to see that, and I'm certainly not one of them. haha~ I'm just a bystander observing with a bag of popcorn-mixed. Or what do you call that when you have both sweet and salty ones tog? haha keep forgetting that term. Another really interesting issue is of course the msian elections. DAP for the first time, won a msian state and it's one of msia's most vibrant state - Penang. And that guy (what's his name again? Lim Guan Eng?) seems pretty powerful and threatening. At least for the measures that he's taking, I can see that he really is someone who can't be taken lightly. And if he manages Penang well, he's likely to rise up to power in the next 10-20 years, esp now with the current party, Barisan Nasional, being shaken and lost its two-thirds parliament seat power. Decision making is going to be tougher now, and more "right", with the People's Parties taking up 36.9% of the seats against Barisan Nasional. Things are really going to look more interesting in the future and of course, Sg has to push forward even more if she wants to maintain her survival. I would say, once msia is up and strong, sg wouldn't have much hopes to survive that and may have to eventually merge with msia just like what LKY had mentioned. By that time, sg will just become like another hong kong, which was handed over to China. Now hk is packed with chinese from Mainland and you can probably get around easily just knowing mandarin. yuan yuan chun can probably attest this since he just came back from hk. haha~ |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|