"I donno lei". There's always a price to pay for those 3 words, and the price often involves $$, if not more severe stuff like your health and your life. And this quote applies to every aspect of one's life, ranging from medicare, to electronics, to food, everything. Fortunately for this case, it's just a matter of $$, and it isn't a lot.
$15.60. That's really expensive for a bottle of 8-10 stomach relaxation pills! That's almost 2 bucks a pill! And together with consultation, that costs up to 40+ bucks! And yes, with insurance already covered. Oh well... And where does the 3 evil words come into play? $15.60 could have been waived if I had known that I had a prescription insurance card. Oh come on, who'd have thought that the US healthcare system is smart enough to seperate out consultation and drugs? After all, it's my first time seeing a US doctor! So yes, I paid for the drugs without presenting my insurance card because I didn't know I have one and it's at home. Sick cannot think wad. "I donno lahz."
What's more, sg clinics always have prescription in the clinic right after consultation, which sounds kinda logical. Who'd think that I had to travel all the way to a drug store to get the drug I need after spending the time at the clinic? All I want is the medication, leave for home right away after consultation, take medication and feel better. Oh well... and the pharmacist at the prescription counter also took his own time to look for a simple drug like this. Come on man, it's not like I'm getting medication for a heart attack or a stroke loh. Lidat oso need 20+ min, which really is a long time for someone in pain man. But one credit for them is that they actually printed out in detail the description of the medication and what it is used for and everything.
Anw... the message is clear. Don't ever fall sick in the States! Like what the ah peks always say: 能死不能病! If you ever fall sick, make sure you have adequate insurance and make sure you know about them and bring the cards with you! 16 bucks for a lesson...
Forget it, I'm retiring to France. Even though you pay 40% tax there, at least you know that the government will take care of you when you need it in old age. Not only do you get free healthcare, you even get someone to do your laundry and cook for you for free! What can be better?