Saturday, March 08, 2008
1... 2... 3... 4... 5! That was the number of IPs they are going to file for my ideas! =) wth?! I really was merely BS-ing my way through! And they actually took it for real and want to file them? Well, it's totally out of my expectations and still don't know how to react to such a news. I was expecting them to file like 1 patent out of 100 ideas submitted, which already isn't easy in my opinion, especially when I'm still a greenhorn. And now it's 5 out of 35 submitted?

Oh well... you know, the feeling now is like when you get a few hundred bucks for toto, you'd feel really happy immediately and dancing around, but when you actually hit the jackpot and got a million bucks, you really don't know how to react to it because it's totally out of your expectations. That's exactly how I'm feeling now, but of course, I don't get a million bucks for it lahz. The company may get a few though.

Alright, I'm pretty satisfied with it. 5 IPs for the 5 months I'm here. At least I know I didn't let my manager down. And hopefully this will become a big step towards securing my MBA sponsorship. hehe~ After all, 5 IP plaques out of 300+ on the wall does look pretty significant if it comes from a single person. =) yeah, I guess I should elaborate more on this. Whenever a patent is granted, the company will make it into a plaque and hang it on the wall. But I don't think all patents have been hung up, but some of them do range back to the 1980s.

And it also makes me think of what significance does a Masters degree has to a Bachelor's degree. Some of my friends are earning more than me just because they have a Masters degree, but they're pretty much doing the same job as I am. In fact, I had to teach them the stuff because I came in earlier than them! So I guess it's more of the experience that counts. After all, 虎落平原被犬欺. If you're not exactly doing what you specialize in, it boils down to your intelligence and adaptability. Everyone's at the same starting point.

And with regards to ideas submitted, they're probably looking at my dust. After all, not many people have no life and thick-skinned like me to submit stupid crazy ideas!

But a phd is different. A new phd colleague came in and picked things up really quickly and really showed a different level of intelligence. My respects for him.

Well, reason I brought this up is conservative grandma says must find someone with at least a college degree to match me, but cannot find a phd, cos it'll be higher than my education standards. Then after that, she changed her standards to at least someone who's good and filial, when I told her it doesn't really matter to me whether my other half is a college grad or not a college grad. After all, it's the interests that matched and the happiness that matters. But I agree with her on the second part, confirm must be guai and filial. hee~ cos I'm guai and filial! wahahhaha~

Anyway, it's a happy occasion despite my illness. Now I have more news to make my dad happy :). Can't wait to tell my parents that!

Talking about illness. Human bodies are really very sensitive to environment changes. I really can't understand why a mere 0.4 degrees could actually cause such drastic turmoils in the body! Headaches, shivering, whatnot. And I really can't imagine how I went through the times when my fevers reached 40 deg! I just know it sucks. Oh well, must take really good care of my body if I want to avoid a 40deg C fever torture, or even a 37.3 deg C torture. But I don't understand how I catch that bug. I do my daily exercise routine and have my daily dose of vit C man. What more do I have to do?

Back to work stuff. I went back for 3 hours today for a meeting. And I think I made the right choice in going back, else I'd have even more sai kang dumped on me liaoz... haha~ jk~ But that's the case with school projects right? Those who don't turn up, don't have a say over assigned duties. hahah~ Anw, one more project to add to my list, making it to 3, with a 4th coming in soon. Overwhelmed? ok lahz... at least I'm learning a lot of things and adding value to myself. They're pretty fun stuff too, but just a LOT of reading to do, plus the actual work. Xiong manz. Oh well, I guess I have to justify for the $$ I'm being paid for the level of experience I have. hahaha~

Dinner Time! tata!

***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)

X BzBodies in the Realm Of Life

X K-poes left The Realm Of Life


Blogs

My bro's Lengthy Blog
WeiLing's Nascent Blog
Peilin the Healer's Brollies
Mao yuan's fabulous blog
Yuan Chun the lousy bballer's thinkin blog
Nic's Unparalleled Blog
Michelle's Pink Journal


Inspiration Quotes

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift

When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us.

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back! Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart but if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile.

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real!

Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy.

Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person, too.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched, and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.