|
|
|
Learning and teaching on job.
It has already been 5 mths since I joined the company. And through these 5 mths, there isn't a single day which I had not been learning anything. This was the exact feeling that I felt in the last stage of my college years - the feeling of stupid, the feeling of the more you know, the more there is to know. It's all so vast, and what I had learnt is merely the tip of the tip of the iceberg. And there is not only a single ice berg, there are many around. But there is one thing I can reaffirm myself - I have not spent the last 5 months in vain. A new guy (yes, yet another ah neh) just joined, and I was supposed to help him assimilate into the new environment. I was actually quite surprised that I could actually describe to him, in quite a bit of detail, about the product we were working on. All the different modules, and their corresponding functions. Yes, I may not know their implementation, or how to make them, but at least I could tell him what each of them do, and how they're dependent on one another. Oh well, at least I know I have progressed. Not a lot, but at least there's some. On the other hand, while I did learn something, I still feel that my progress wasn't sufficient. I still take a week or more on a task which I thought should have taken less time. Am I really slow, am I stupid, or is the task just takes more time? Although my project lead didn't really say anything, I somehow feel that he thinks I should have completed the task earlier. After all, how many weeks are there in a year? To complete an entire project of such complexity certainly requires a lot more than 52 task completions! I think I better tighten my belt and work faster. I hope that things will get much better when I'm even more familiar with the way things are done. But again, there's just so much to learn. On another random note, I think I should work on my business acumen and business skills more. It really sucks big time. I think I'll be seriously disadvantage if I meet skilled and experienced business people next time if I can't logically think and decide on the spot. An encounter today made me learn quite a bit of things. I did some things right by luck, as I acted according to my needs, and I did some things wrong. Things could have turned out bad. But fortunately, God was there to protect me. He probably set this up so that I can learn from it. It really is harder than it seems. Everything happened just so quickly. One of my enlightenment from this encounter is when you have time, you have room for negotiation. That can be applied to all facets of life, especially in love. Talking about love. Really, you can only pick the one you'd be satisfied most only when you take the time and trouble to choose. And in order for you to do that, you'll need to have time. My belief is that once mutual interests click, a strong foundation is laid, and r/s will be strong. That's because both parties are satisfied with what they have chosen, as opposed to one-sided. Oh well, that's hard to find, and I think I should take my time on that. After all, I still have a little time on that, and my current situation really isn't a good environment for an r/s to flourish. Only the one who believed in me, will choose me. Like what yuan yuan chun said, sui yuan ba. But it's kind of interesting to see how reserved many people are towards opportunities. Opportunities come and go, and many good opportunities, really only come once. You miss it, and it'll be gone. I guess, I'm one of the few who're open to opportunities, perhaps, too open for my own good. Oh well. Gotta learn to know when to risk, and when to protect myself. But in the least, take a look at every opportunity before coming to any kind of decision. |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|