Tuesday, February 05, 2008
If you don't believe that life has its ups and downs, luck has its own waves, you really got to. There is no everlasting happiness, nor is there everlasting luck. If you feel really fortunate at one time, be very wary. Something, somewhere is going to change that.
Well, I had my piece of good luck, and here comes a new wave of suay-ness. For one, it seems like my body resistance is failing to the rapidly changing weather conditions, despite my daily dose of vit c. When my friends came last time, I had a slight temperature, which lasted for 2 days. And just recently, I had another which lasted for a night. Well, looking back, it wasn't too bad.
Next came the next event. My management charged me an extra 25 bucks for no apparent reason. And the worst thing is, when I approached the office, they couldn't tell me the reason either. The date is obviously wrong, as it's feb now, and the one they're charging me was mid Oct! Yes, there was a similar incident when I moved in, and they already waived that fee! That said, the office staff couldn't help and the status of this issue is still pending. And the worst thing is I had to pay this 25 bucks first, otherwise they're definitely use this against me and charge me a late fee! Bastards.


If you think that's bad enough, here comes this is worse! Woke up late on friday morning (cos thursday night was the night I had the slight temperature) and got ready for work at 10am. And guess what I saw? ... This:



Bunch of bastards. Many people asked me if I knew who did it, including the police officer. Oh yeah, of course I do. I even know the name of their gang as well as their individual names! The gang is called "Bastards" and they're Bastard 1, Bastard 2, Bastard 3 and Bastard 4.
After that first question, here comes the second question "Why you?" Well, that was actually the first question I asked myself, after the initial exclamation "F***ers!" Yes, why me? My initial thoughts were "suayz loh". They had to choose someone, and it's me. But no. After more detailed thoughts left me with this conclusion.

The gate doesn't have a lock! Despite the fact that I told the management 3 times verbally and filed a service request online, nothing was done, even though the servicemen said one month ago, that it would be fixed in a few days! Great. Golden SAF rule applies here, when nothing happens, all are well. But when something does happen... Anyway, here is the second part to the answer to the "Why me?" question.

You probably can't see well from that picture, but my car is in the second spot, which really doesn't matter at first glance. But if you think closer, it's actually the most ideal spot for theft. Why? The first spot which is closest to the road is the worst spot to steal wheels, cos anyone from the main road can easily spot you. And so, the second spot not only has cover, but also is the next closest to the escape route. So that makes my parking spot the best spot for theft. Of course, next comes the ease to commit the crime. My wheels only have 4 lugs and do not have wheel locks. So that's that.

That took me an entire day of replacing. Everyone seems to play taichi even though I'm the one with $$ to spend. Called AAA first, and they said they couldn't help because the car has no wheels. Fine. To think I paid all that membership fees just to be left in the lurch.

Next, I called a tire company. This one best. They said they can't help because they only sell tires, not rims. Fine, so they really are professional. Can someone tell them not to lay all their eggs in one basket. At least, try to sell the basket too.

Then, I tried Honda, which is only 5 min away, since my car's a Honda as well. Guess what they say? They said, I had to tow it in, else they won't fix the car for me. WTF? It's not they can't do it, it's just that they're not flexible enough to do it! Even I can think of a simple and logical way to solve this problem, just that I'm not on the right side of the situation to do it! Come over, put the wheels, bring back and fix? Is it that hard? I'd have done that if I could!

Fine. So, following their suggestion, I called 2 towing companies. And guess what they say? Like AAA, no tires cannot tow. WTF!!!!!! I almost wanted strangle them. Come on man, this is their specialty, and it's not as if it's the first time anyone's wheels have been all stolen? Or maybe, I am the first. Do they only tow cars which are parked illegally on the side of the road? And guess what's the name of one of the towing companies? "Action Action Action Towing Company". Really. I think is All talk, no action.

Fortunately, there is at least one company flexible enough to help, and that Express Tires. And they did exactly what I had intended. So they got the business, and I got the wheels I needed and wanted.

Was I sad over the loss? Not really. Probably just the mere feeling of suay. In fact, I actually wanted to change those tires long ago. Heng I didn't. And now because of Bastard 1, 2, 3 and 4, I'm forced to. Got the new wheels at the same price I would have paid if I had changed earlier, cos the insurance is covering most of it. And I got the best tires in the market now. wahahha~ Better handling, short braking distance, all weather, long tire life of 80k miles, etc... Oh well, Happy new year everybody!

Yes, and if you think what just happened was bad, this is worst! Worst of the worst! Went to have my hair cut by a chinese barber, and guess what? I told the auntie to cut layering on the back. She nodded, took up the shaver and shaved off the hair on the back of my head! How on earth is she going to do layering after having done that?! Yeah, and so I ended up losing that hair on the back which I had kept for so long. Sianz. This is the suayest thing ever man. When one is suay, one is suay all the way. And of cos, I blame this on yuan yuan chun, who of all the things, said that I'd have bad luck! :P He should have said I'd hit lottery man. Then I'd treat him to Brazil. hahaha~

Oh well, anyway, Happy New Year Again! Things aren't that bad actually. At least I have new tires (and another jack, which the thieves left behind) for the new year! The next thing I'm going to work on are my brakes! yeap, and this probably is the last of the suayness. As I have mentioned earlier, life has its ups and downs, and luck comes in crests and troughs. The next crest should be coming soon. Maybe, I'd find a girl soon. wahahhaa~ Who knows. =)


***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)

X BzBodies in the Realm Of Life

X K-poes left The Realm Of Life


Blogs

My bro's Lengthy Blog
WeiLing's Nascent Blog
Peilin the Healer's Brollies
Mao yuan's fabulous blog
Yuan Chun the lousy bballer's thinkin blog
Nic's Unparalleled Blog
Michelle's Pink Journal


Inspiration Quotes

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift

When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us.

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back! Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart but if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile.

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real!

Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy.

Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person, too.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched, and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.