|
|
|
Week before Xmas. Like the week after the final year exams before school holiday starts, like the year end during NS. Everyone's gone, but I'm still around. I actually quite like it, because that means there's nothing much to do, and I'm still working and getting paid! Even less stress with fewer people around at work. And yes, I can go play basketball tomorrow too...and get paid! Oh well, better shut up before all my other friends who're still fighting their final showdown come over and beat me. :P
Have been wasting my life away in front of the tv over the last few nights, watching those taiwanese tv serials. Wasting? Really, I think I have been badly affected by the kind of education I had in sg, negative in this sense, but positive in many others. Whenever I'm slacking away, it means that I'm wasting my life away and hence feel guilty. And THAT IS REALLY BAD, I think. I mean it really isn't so bad as a student, because that's what you're supposed to do, else like what parents say, "else you'd become a road sweeper". And in order to achieve the desired results, I had to use my time really wisely. This is particularly explicit in the last few years. At the beginning, it was hard to pull away from the Games, and focus on studies. I really didn't expect this extended act to be so powerful. It wasn't hard for me in the past to play day to night 7 days a week and feel absolutely carefree. Now, although at times I do indulge myself in stuff I like to do, but I couldn't watch tv or play my PS2 for 24/7 and not feel guilty that I'm wasting time. Is this an act of maturity or is it because I'm so used to working as in the last 10 years of my life? Whatever it is, I should really learn to take things slowly and admire the roses which I had failed to see by the side of the road. Alright, I didn't feel that I have wasted my time watching the tv serials this time. I was doing something meaningful in the mean time. hehe~ so no guilt involved. But I wonder if this tendency will fade away over time in future. That's the only price of surviving sg education system, but it's also probably because of this price that I am who I am and where I am this day. Okie, xmas coming! And I'm forced to take a week off! :( why the sad face? Cos I'm forced to take off! *sense of guilt* hahhaa~ Just kidding. The real reason is because I'm forced to use my leave to cover this period!!! And so what happens if I don't have leave? "Then go negative la!" my manager said. Oh well. That aside, I just wonder what I should do for this 10 days. Should I travel around, or should I stick at home? But I really don't like traveling alone, cos it's no fun. So I guess I shall stick around at home and induldge in more taiwanese shows!!! hehe~ And of cos, being poisoned by sg's education system, I found myself 3 goals for the holidays. The first one is not only my passion, but it's also for someone I care for. The second is for my ambition. And the third arises because crazy LJ who just can't get by life without inviting trouble to himself. Ok, there may be a fourth goal, but that goal is only for fun. But that goal isn't much fun cos someone got to it first. Anyways, gonna go sleep liaoz... need more energy to play bball tomorrow! |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|