|
|
|
Now this is interesting. I left my house today for lunch and I came back feeling as hungry as the time I left.
It was a really long lunch, or rather long drive to lunch. Went up to LA Farmer's Market to try Banana Leaf. Spent 2 hrs driving up and 2.5 hrs coming back down. There's a slight jam on the way. Now if the roads on the day after Thanksgiving is already such a bad jam, I really can't imagine Sunday, when everyone's returning! I'm so glad that I called off my trip up north to the Bay Area, cos I didn't want to rush. I hate holidays that's rushing here and there. I mean, it's alright if I'm going round a big loop, but going to SF and back isn't a big loop. That's to and fro, which is a bad waste of time, and I'd only get to see Yosemite and some of the city. Don't really like such incompletion. Anyway, Banana Leaf was such an encouragement to me. The food there is okay, but I dare say some of my dishes is definitely much much better, or at least I'd be able to make it equally good! My bro can definitely cook better! So in short, it really doesn't justify the price. To think some of the reviews for it was that their Mee Goreng and Parantha are yummy! Are Americans that badly deprived of good asian food? I even think the Parantha is the frozen kind you get from the asian market. It looks, tastes, feels, and smells exactly the same! I didn't dare to mention that to the other Americans at the table. Yeah, I was talking to some of the Americans at the table, and asking their opinions about the Mee Goreng dish that they had just eaten, and they thought it was good! Yes, they were commenting on how good it is, and I really found it hard to carry on that topic, especially when I'm eating in front of the stall. They were saying how good and special the noodles are, and how different the taste is from other chinese food. I couldn't comment that the Mee Goreng that they ate totally doesn't taste like what it should. Oh well, I guess I can't say that they're wrong, cos it's still Mee Goreng, fried noodles, indian style (quoted from Under One Roof if any of you still remembers that). Yup, that's my food for thought. Now I gonna go find some food for tummy. I initially wanted to packed some food back from the stall, but I was glad that I was relieved of that dilemma. The lady there was quite nice though, so I shan't condemn her stall so much. Maybe like what my friend said, I had high expectations. Do I really? So there. |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|