7-11.
That's the duration I drove today, 7am to 11pm. The longest I've ever driven! Went to Cacti land (Arizona) and back again. The southern part wasn't exactly interesting. It's mainly looking at cactus and the tribal lifestyle (Hohokam tribe). But it's amazing how people in the 1300s could actually build houses as tall as 4 storeys as well as city walls!!! It's also amazing how people could survive in the desert! Learnt quite a few things about the desert, like the fruits and flowers of different cacti (I've never seen a cactus with a fruit till this day), and about desert tortoises. What the hell are tortoises doing in the desert?! How do they get there? Maybe because there was a huge flash flood in the past and the water resides so quickly that the tortoises were too slow to return to the river, and thus left there as a new inhabitant of the desert. Craps! I never seen cacti so tall, so branched and so succulent before! I'm such a desert tortoise. No, even desert tortoises know more than I do.
Anyway, couldn't get to some of the sites, cos either the GPS led me on the wrong path or they aren't really for tourists. There wasn't even sign boards to indicate its presence. Oh well. They probably aren't very spectacular anyway. But I went to Tucson! That was the very place the show "Under the Tucson Sky" referred to, I think. Only much more developed. haha~ Lingz, you remember? hahaaha~
And yes, I listened to 11 vcds of 天龙八部 today I think. Almost finished the entire series in 2 days. hahhaa~ I think that's my new entertainment when I'm doing long distance driving. It's proven to be more useful than mere songs. At least it engages both my left and right brain. The left listens to words, and the right imagines the story. It's quite fun actually. hahaha~
Alright time for bed. Getting tired.







