Finally have something in office which I can call it work, as opposed to preparation for work. At least I feel better when people walk by and see me staring at the computer, this time typing hard like anyone else. Also, time passes faster now that I have something to keep to think about. I feel better leaving work as well now, probably because I left at 6.30pm today, for the first time. At least I wouldn't feel that people will stare at me and think that I like to leave early when I really did nothing. At least I don't have to sneak out quietly so avoid that questioning look.
Alright, it's probably all over-suspicion on my part, and the asian belief that one must look busy at work. I still can't get accustomed to the culture that looks at performance rather than the hours worked, even though I prefer this more realistic culture.
Just went for lunch today with 4 other chinese (from china), one of whom is my generation, but is still 6 years older than I am, even though he only looks 2 years older. So as anyone can expect, I was listening hard to try to engage in a conversation with them. It somehow gives me the same feeling when I talk to americans. Oh well, that's the price to pay for being half-a-bucket-of-water in those 2 languages. But one thing quite surprises me. They can actually tell that my chinese is somewhat better than the average for singaporeans, or quoting them, "You speak quite well in chinese. Many singaporeans don't speak good chinese". I mean they actually know that singaporeans speak a rojak language, or more specifically, english mixed with chinese. I almost wanted to tell them that we add in hokkien, cantonese and malay as well. Oh well... hahaha~
Anyway, the topic during the conversation over lunch really shows how young I still am. They were talking about prices of houses, all over america!!! Even that guy who's 6 yrs older than I am could fit in really well... Best... Time to grow up, kid. Gotta educate myself on more adult topics... not sex though. In fact, talking about sex isn't really an adult topic, even though it's an adult activity. I think only teenagers and people in the early 20s, when hormones are raging, like to talk about that. Anyway, I digressed. So yeah, no more back-to-college mindset, when talking to adults at least. I thought I don't really have a problem with that, but I guess it's still a huge jump.
Alright, I gotta tell myself again, WORK ON MY GOALS!!! ahhhh!!!