|
|
|
Competition... This is what the whole world is about. From the very beginning of life, this whole world is filled with competition. There was competition for food, for resources, for shelter, for partners... everything. Everything is competition. Is there anything in this world that isn't competition?
Some may say, there are many things which require team work rather than competition. Indeed, that is true, but most of the time, when one looks at the larger picture, it's still competition. Team work within a sports team exists to compete with other teams. Team work within an organization exists to compete with other companies within the same industry. Needless to say, interviews are competition for jobs. Of course, competition only exists when there are benefits to be reaped. When there isn't, there wouldn't be competition, eg, true philantrophist. Oh well, this world is just too practical, or rather, people are just too practical. It's a cruel world. So that was the theme for today's post, inspired by my interviews, which I had to use all I have to compete for the job. Oh well... Switching to more personal accounts, it is a little surprising when I look back and realize that I have been staying at my bro's place for one whole month already. It really didn't feel that long, and I can't believe I have slacked so much. There were aims, but generally aimless, or at least, not much efforts made towards those aims. But then, at the same time, I learnt a lot at my bro's place as well. There're certain things which I would probably not have thought of with regards to maintaining a home. I'd probably adapt some of the strengths. Without doubt, cooking is also no exception. hehe~ Anyway, I was quite pleased to have made a breakthrough in my carrot cake recipe, which is inspired by my bro's way of making curry. I think that would be useful to apply to other dishes as well. Even my bro's gf's comment on the mushrooms is intriguing. She commented that the mushrooms were too salty because it soaked up all the salty gravy. hey hey... so guess what inspirations I got from that comment? More academically, C and C++ progress have real slow. Gonna buck up, before I get my ass kicked!!! And if that happens, I probably won't get to see Naomi again! wahahhaa... Alright... before anyone questions further, obviously there's nothing between me and her if I talk about her so openly and without restraints... hahha~ But that also doesn't imply that if i never talk about her next time, there's something strange lurking somewhere k? Anyway, she's probably attached or even married already, since her last name is so weird. But just tokking doesn't hurt... just like YC said last time, tokking don't need money one. hahahha~ Alright, gonna go to sleep. Hopefully can wake up early enough tomorrow to go run. Getting fat again!!! ahhhh!!! Just like what my bro says, "how can not get fat in Cali, especially when we cook so well?" hahhhaa~ My reply to his comment is, "not only in Cali, but anywhere in US will also get fat lor, since what we like is not US food, but sg food, which normally is only available if we make it." Oh well... haha~ no lahz... we can't make really good food... but good enough to satisfy our cravings for them. Food tend to taste especially good when there are scarce right? hahaha okiez... take it easy, guys. |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|