|
|
|
Now that I'm leaving Madtown soon, I suddenly felt a little nostalgic. I can still remember the first day when I came here. Everything looks so foreign to me... I mean living in US is never the same as touring in US... Now that I've been so familiar with this place, I'm about to leave. Not that I really really like this place a lot, but it's still the place where I got my degree and the place where I spent 3 years of my life in. So what would I really miss when I leave? Hmmm, Probably the lake, which I see only 5 times a year... or the vietnamese noodles near West Towne Mall... The climate? Nah, not really... Although I've learnt to like the cold winters, I hate HATE the fluctuating climate. I just hope that things would be a little more stable.
Really... I have no idea why people would like to live in the US! For that matter, I've made a quick comparison b/w living in the US and living in Sg. So what's so good about the US? Cheap property, cheap cars, cheap petrol, cheap fruits, slightly higher pay which doesn't really justify the higher cost of living, maybe beautiful scenery if you're in the right place. and what's bad? Expensive food, expensive car repairs, expensive everything else that is not mentioned on top! Basically, everything oso need $$!!! And in addition, expensive health care (see Michael Moore's "Sicko"), high crime rates, takes long to travel from one place to another, boring entertainment, bad education system... So why would anyone want to come to this supposed "Land of Gold"? Yeah... there's gold everywhere, but not coming into your piggy bank, but going out! And even so, this country is still in debt!!!!!!! In fact, many companies here are bankrupt, especially the airline companies!!! And if one looks over the border at Canada, things are totally different. For one, the healthcare is a lot better. And they have less kee-siaos who go around shooting at pple, like the human hunter who went scot-free just because he's (gun)powderful. Babes? Nah... I still prefer chinese, or asians in general... with BLACK hair... there're really some things which asians have but not ang mohs... kinda weird, cos it's not just sg im talking about, but also other asian countries. We don't live together, but we share similar values... oh well... Oh well... Anyway, coming back on Thursday!!! Woooot! So yeah! Gimme a call, or leave me a note if you wanna to find someone to hang out with... hehehe~ |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|