Saturday, May 12, 2007
When you spend practically your entire life in lab, and after which finally get out of it and you get home, only to log on remotely to the school's server to continue working, you know you are busy. It's really amazing how one has to reach that kind of stage where even when you are not physically in that work place, you still do not get away from it. And to make things worse, you dream realistic dreams of it. Really, I had dreams of myself coding, and even reminding myself fictatiously what to be added to the code. When I woke up, it's all so real, and I really thought that I had to put that paragraph into the code, until I realized from my existing code what I had to put in doesn't make sense at all! Seriously, I had to convince myself when I just got out of bed that it's from the dreams. And as if things weren't bad enough, I had to sift out stuff that I really had to put in from those that were spurious!!!

Oh well, after 5 days of hard core coding, I finally had some achievements, and it's as successful as I had wanted it to be, which I'm really proud of. Everything that I planned to implement was implemented, after much much MUCH hurdles! And yes, it takes 1800 lines of code and 7000 characters to implement my Roulette game! But I'm quite happy that there weren't many major bugs in the code, unlike my first Java experience, which was super duper buggy! And much stuff that could have gone wrong, didn't go wrong. And I was proud to say that incremental building helped a great deal in preventing bugs!!! We first tested how each of the devices work, which took us like 2 days to test!!! Then we finally get to the actual programming of the game itself! Things went much much smoother because we know that the device works! We just had to focus on the functions of the game, which was super bug-prone!!! And yes, finally we made it! Life totally stopped for that few days in lab man... And time really flew by quickly. Those 5 days felt just like 2 whole days to me only!!! Oh well... faster to graduation I guess.

Yeap, and so, this is my final product! According to my bro's feedback, it's hard to tell how it works. Of course, cos I only videoed it as a remembrance. haha~ But here's a simple briefing on it.

The rotary thingum on the board is the menu selection. 1) Score, 2) Current result 3) Previous Result.
The key pad is used to place a bet. 1) # Credits to play 2) Type of bet 3) Number to bet
For type of bets: 1) Single, 2) odd # 3) even # 4) 1st 12, 5) 2nd 12, 6) 3rd 12.
The push button is pressed to start rolling.
If your score gets to 999, you win. If it gets to 0, you lose!
On the keypad, F is "forward", B is "back", C is "Cancel Bet".

Yeap, so you can imagine how much I have to code to test all these. And how much more I have to code to test what happens if the user doesn't do this!!!

Yup, so in short, here's the video of it.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQZ3pUvbgAU

The welcome song is the Final Countdown, the song played throughout the game is called "If you want to be a Badger", and the song at the end is the "On Wisconsin" song. They play this song every HOME football game, no matter they win or lose!!! So I played this song too, no matter you win or lose!!! hahaha~ Final countdown is to mimick 赌神 entering. hahha~

So that was school updates for the last 5 days of disappearance.

Now for personal updates.

Don't really feel like talking for the past few days. That ulcer that my toothbrush made when I poked myself is getting huge! And I've been so exhausted by coding that my mind seems to have slowed itself down. Can't really catch much of the conversation with many of my friends when they're tokking in large volumes... Or maybe my brain just refused to process after that much work... Maybe I'm just tired.

And things are never around when you need them. Can't find that tube of medication that I had from last time. X(

On an even more unfortunate note (Really, unfortunate things don't come singly), I experienced the greatest car accident in my life, and my driving record. No, I wasn't the one driving actually. I was sitting beside the driver. So it isn't exactly my driving record. My driving record is still pretty clean! :) But yes, that was possibly the greatest one that I've experienced. I had gone through really minor ones with my parents, which only involves slight dents with speed lower than 10 km/h probably... This one was bad, or at least the damage was worse than I expected.

The car that bumped into us was half-wrecked, and had to be towed away!!! That guy was really suay, cos he's rushing to an interview (while we were rushing for a road test!!!). But strictly speaking, it's not totally that guy's fault. Partly to blame was my friend, cos I told my friend MANY MANY Times already to slow down much before you reach that car in the front and slowly come to a stop as the car approached, but friend still kept doing that sometimes. So near the car already, the speed still so fast. Told friend that it might cause an accident one day if friend kept braking so suddenly, and yeah... see what happened... So all you drivers out there who are just picking up this skill, remember that man!!!

But that moment of abrupt braking was most unforgettable. I think I shouted louder than what my bro and I experienced at Adam's road last time when the van almost backed into us. And no, we didn't hit the car in front, cos the car's brakes were really good. But the car at the back couldn't stop in time and hit us. It felt like a really hard knock, even though our car didn't really fly forward. But it didn't feel quite as hard to imagine the damage that was done, it's probably just 15mph or less kinda knock. And it obviously didn't justify the damage done to the car behind us. Our Hyundai, surprisingly only suffered some small scratches and a dent on the bumper, but that Chrysler at the back had much of its bonnet wrecked and oil spilling all over the road. Now, who says Hyundai was bad? At least it can brake quickly, and is tougher than a Chrysler!

And know what's the worst part? The car in front stayed there till the police come even though they weren't hit at all!!! I think they just want to change a new bumper! So they insisted that there were scratches when we obviously saw none! Besides, our car wasn't even in contact with their car when we came out to check! Damn evil!

Oh well... such is life. And friend couldn't take the road test not because there's a dent but becauase somehow one of the brake light wasn't working. Not sure if it's because of the accident or because it's already not working...

Yeap, so that's probably the scariest incident I have for the year. And one of the weird thing is, I actually dreamt of this incident that last time!!!

But an optimistic person would look on the more positive side of things. Luckily we didn't suffer any injuries and stuff... Things could have been much worse. The car could have also been wrecked and we'd be left stranded. I could have used my car, and that would have inconvenienced many people, especially during the finals. At least my friend learnt the lesson without endangering her life more than this.

***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)

X BzBodies in the Realm Of Life

X K-poes left The Realm Of Life


Blogs

My bro's Lengthy Blog
WeiLing's Nascent Blog
Peilin the Healer's Brollies
Mao yuan's fabulous blog
Yuan Chun the lousy bballer's thinkin blog
Nic's Unparalleled Blog
Michelle's Pink Journal


Inspiration Quotes

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift

When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us.

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back! Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart but if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile.

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real!

Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy.

Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person, too.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched, and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.