|
|
|
Oh yes, I forgot to comment on this really irresponsible person on my team. As a normal friend, I find him nice, as a basketball friend, he's fun, but as a team working on academic assignments, he's a bit lacking... Possibly because he's taking a full load of solid and high-level of engineering classes, and on top of that, he took on an on-campus job offer. But that doesn't relieve him of his duties on the team!
Anyway, the rest of us always had to re-do his part because it's almost always totally wrong!!! Being wrong is still okay... at least he tried... and we corrected (often brutally revamping his answers. which sometimes made me feel really bad). But hey, our grades are at stake man. And, yes, we're not helping him by assigning him the most easiest and straightforward questions to do. I mostly took over the more time-consuming part, which is coding, because I have my 315 lab to refer to and re-use. But even then, this friend still screws it up most of the time and my other friend and I always looked at his answers and re-did it. Luckily he's assigned the easier ones, so that it doesn't take much effort for the rest of us to do his part. And the worst part was, he's always given the question that asked us to design our own question and answer it! The first time we assigned him that question, he gave us a one line question and a one line answer, and expects to get full 10 credits for that! We couldn't accept that, and wrote another question. The second time, we decided to give him more trust. And he cheated by using the TA's example question in class! Damn blardy lazy la... And I had to correct his question some more, so that it looks more like a question. I didn't really looked at his answer, because it's from the TA's notes directly!!! And guess what? we had 3 points deducted from that!!! Not because it's copied, but because there's mistakes in the answer, as my friend only put part of the answer there!!! Copy also donno how to copy fully. And yes, we aren't really good friends to give up our precious time to help him. He's actually willing to learn. At least he does try to do his part, even though he sucked at it. And he does go to discussion sessions faithfully. I can only say, he's too overloaded with classes to do well in any. Moreover, neither of us have much time to spare anyway. We too have classes we need to deal with ourselves! Oh well... These are still okay. I can still accept it, cos at least he sort of tried. The one that totally pissed me off was the very last assignment that we had. Not mentioning him screwing up again on one of the question (but this was okay cos he tried to do it. Can see his efforts there). The other question he's assigned was again the self-design question, which was supposed to be really easy and can be done in like 5 min, or at most 20 min!!! Yes, and he said earlier in an email saying that he had the paper copy to that question and would pass to me in class. So yeah, great. At least he contributed that, even though I was quite sure that he had some mistakes in it. Then on the night before the assignment was due, my other friend sent an email saying that he corrected the first question (not the self-design one) cos he don't understand what that friend was writing. That friend then replied at 11pm, giving his explanation, and at the same time commented that my friend's computer drawing was nice and asked my friend to generate one for his self-design question. Mind you, that's 11pm when the email was sent! I corrected his first question because there's some mistakes but left that self-design part to that friend, since he said that he had the paper copy earlier. So even if my other friend didn't see that email, this friend would still bring the paper copy to class and turn in. Very well, I went to class (late) the next day with all the answers printed except that self-designed problem. And guess what, he's not there!!! okay... maybe he overslept, and at least he can still rush over to pass me his answers, I thought. So I called him, and guess what he said? He said, "oh, didn't I send an email telling [my other friend] to print out that drawing since his computer drawing was so beautiful?" I literally wanted to strangle him when I heard that man! Luckily he wasn't there! Blardy hell! Send email at 11pm and expect people to instantly read the email and do his problem for him! At least take the responsibility to call and check if my other friend saw the email man! And if he didn't at least come in the morning to pass me the answers then go back to sleep if he really wanted to skip class!!! Best... Then I asked him where was his paper copy. And guess what he said? " I don't have it. I thought [that guy] had done it. I have exams till 9.30pm yesterday and I was really tired." F*** you understand? For one thing, you shouldn't expect others to do your problem for you. For another, you shouldn't assume someone would do it for you when you send the email at 11pm, and not confirming if the person read it. For a third, You said you had a paper copy earlier. Now you say you don't have it. And finally, was it that hard to work on the problem for 10 min after your exam at 9.30pm?!! You have the easiest 2 problems out of 3 (I took the 3rd one of cos, as I took the hardest one as my other question) of the entire assignment, and you can't complete either of them. Oh yes, needless to say, his grades for that class wasn't really optimistic. And yes, my other friend and I then finished that question in class in 5 min before we turned it in. We combined powers, and each one came up with one part of the question. What's so hard about that?!! I really don't understand. Some people... And you know what? That guy was also one of those smart ass who talked on the phone in class when the prof was talking and had the cheek to tell the prof that he didn't know how to use that new phone, that's why it rang in class and he answered it. No connection right? Yeah, I also find that didn't have any connection too. So how would you expect that prof to react? He blardy confiscated that guy's phone for the lecture! Familiar scene eh? Yeah, you only see that in Secondary school or JC!!! So if you see that in college, you have a sense of how bad/stupid/comical that scene was, especially in America where freedom is supposed to reign. Sorry, no freedom for you if you don't have the basic courtesy to leave the room to use the phone. And this one even more power. That guy took a lab last sem and they had to turn in a final report on the last day of class. Then this smart alec go ask the prof if he could turn in after the finals. The prof asked him why. Guess what he said? " 'cos I have finals. I need to study for them." Very cock right?!!! As if everyone else doesn't have finals except you... If everyone else can do it, why can't you? So you can guess the face that prof had on her face... Black like thunder, blacker than 包黑天! Reminds me of one idiom: 啼笑皆非 Donno to luff or cry... |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|