|
|
|
Whoa! I can't believe that I had actually stayed away from blogging for soooo long!!! Really really busy for the last couple of weeks!!! I can't believe how busy one could be... and how I managed to pull through all that!!! 2 weeks ago, I had my 415 take-home midterm, which took me 3 days to figure out! And the end of that week, was really really the climax of the climax... For the first time, I felt really pressured even on a Friday night!!! Of course, and saturday was my SSA elections!!! But that doesn't I have stepped down from my post. The inauguration is on May 1. That aside, there were:
1) Econs hw due on Tue 2) ECE 370, 308 and 315 Lab on tue, wed and thurs 3) ECE 353 microcontroller exam on TUE!!! 4) Stats and incomprehensible ECE 415 hw due on Wed! 5) Post-lab and Prelab for 315 microcontroller due! When I saw this mountain of stuff on Friday 2 weeks ago, I really didn't know what to do, or where to start. And I can't believe I actually pulled through that! The exam alone already would take up 2 solid days of review!!! Then what about the 415? That took me like 3 days to read up the last time, and the prof had to suspend the homework so that he can give the take-home exam! And what about 315 post lab? It's programming stuff... and programming takes a shit load of time man! I really really didn't know how I survived that, but here I am... ready to enjoy Spring Break!!! And yes, I went to Philadelphia for 4 days last week!!! Thurs to Sun! woohooo!!! My friends are crazy... drive 14 hrs day through the night and day non-stop, and then back again!!! Siao!!! That aside... Jess was right that I can never keep my mouth shut about good news/bad news... I must talk on the blog... haha~ I said I wouldn't last time, but I guess I was wrong! That lass knows me better than myself man... And yes! it's good news this time!!! I got the scholarship fom polygon!!! Wooooot!!! I really never expected myself to get that! Remember how much I moaned the last time after the interview? hehe~ but yeah... I got it! yay! Although the $$ isn't really alot... but it's the recognition of my efforts for the last 3 years... I'm glad that they've come to fruition. I sense an impending world-wide calamity coming up in the next 50 yrs... Even if it isn't a calamity, it's going to be a really really huge tidal wave! The system is really really scary! And the guy who came up with this system is really really a genius... Simple and elegant... which makes him a multi-billionaire!!! But perhaps I'm unduly worried... Oh well... Shall wait and see... I'm on my way to millionaireship! Woooot!!! But really... opportunities are hard to come by... And this is really the one I had been waiting for all my life! This is the booster that I would need to take flight! And it's really amazing how this came about. This didn't come from my best friends, it didn't come from my close friends, it didn't come from anyone whom I thought would come from... But it came... And when it comes, one really can't believe how lucky one is... One look and anyone would know... this is it. I can't figure out why anyone would reject it. And it's really amazing how God had arranged it for me. I've been through a lot... a lot... for the last 2 years... ranging from r/s to presidency to competitions... The issue about the Singapore Carnival taught me immensely how different people think, and how pessimiastic people can be... It also taught me not to be affected by rejections. Relationships has taught me patience. Presidency has taught me how to plan and organize events, how to delegate tasks, and how to talk to clients. My competitions have taught me time management, how to handle failures, and how to venture into the unknown, out of the sheltered life I was used to. My food plan had taught me how to be creative in creating business plans (even though they didn't really materialize) I really changed a lot in the last 2 years... I have matured... I have been through so much, that what I heard on my Philadelphia trip wasn't really very interesting to me, even though my friends were listening in awe. The speakers were talking about their life, and I could visualize what I had been through in the last 2 years in their speech. I think God had scheduled all those experiences to prep me up for this final one. I am prepared. And I am fortunate to know of a son of a multi-millionaire on this trip. This guy is really awesome, and inspiring... He's humble even though he's rich. This guy is really going to go really far in the future man... Only in his 20s and he already has a candy business running for a couple of million in sales... And he's still doing his masters in business as well as fine arts!!! Great guy! and he's unbelievably helpful... I'm impressed... |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|