Was scrolling down my msn yesterday and realized how artificial that has become, in relating to friendship. It has evolved to a really long list over the years, but the people I actually talked to are surprisingly less than 10% of what is on the list. They are just there as a name. They are friends, but not someone you'd turn to when you have something to share. They just there so that you know someone is online at that same timespace as you do, and so you don't "feel" alone.
I know i have thought of this before, but as one can see, it hasn't changed my mindset really. Sometimes I really just wonder how much do I mean to someone. How much do I mean to someone whom I regard as the world to me? Do I also mean a whole world to that person, or am I just someone who just happened to be there, and forgotten once I'm no longer there? It's just like pri sch, sec sch and JC. It was just a fleeting experience. I remember I used to have really fun times with some friends. But upon graduation, that friendship also dispersed over time. How much do I mean to my sec sch friends or my JC friends? Do we only learn to cherish someone when that person is no longer there, and regret not spending more time with that person? Shouldn't we just show more appeciation and love for the person whom we care for now and not regret later?
Sometimes I just feel that my presence is just unnecessary, that it doesn't really make a difference whether I'm there or not. She is just as indifferent with or without me around. It's doesn't make her happier with me sticking around, and it doesn't make her feel like she's missing something when I'm not. My presence doesn't really mean anything. My words go unheard. I'm just a thing that's taking up space and causing obstruction. If I'm ever gone, I'd probably not be noticed. That's just what I think might be the case for that 90% of the friends on msn.
Oh well, I think I should learn to be contented. Your mere presence already makes my day. And I should be glad that you even existed. I'm happy that we've met in this lifetime, and formed such ties. I will cherish this relationship with you for every moment of my life and be happy that you actually bothered steppng into my life and gave me such wonderful memories and experiences. You have made a difference in my life, made me privileged to have established such relationship with you, even though I'm not sure if I have done the same to yours.
The "you" is a generic you and applies to whoever it applies to. Only you and me will know whether you are the one I'm referring to. I thank you for being in my life and I will cherish you all my life, even though I do not know whether I mean as much to you as you are to me, but I want you to know that you mean a lot to me.