Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Just had my interview for a scholarship this morning. Gah... didn't go as well as I could. I mean, I did use up that 7 min fully and made some good points here and there. But I just felt that I could have done better. If given a scale of 10, I think I did around 6.5 when my actual performance could have gone up to 8.5.

For one thing, I should have gone to the interview in leather shoes, not boots. haha~ Just realized that halfway to Engineering Hall, and didn't have time to turn back and change.

That aside, I should have printed out a list of what I have done in SSA as the pres, because there's just too much to say, and I think I wasted like 3 whole min trying to cover what I did and didn't even manage to cover everything! Should have printed the list out and touch on a few and go on to what I have learnt...

Also, I should have brought in some sympathy points like trying to graduate in 3 years, taking 17-18 creds a sem, and have my Schoofs project to manage at the same time other than presidency.

Wasted man... If only time could reverse... then I'd score better... if only... But I wouldn't want it to reverse too much... I'm happy now again! hehe~ lalala~

Going back to work!!! Much stuff to be done these few days!!! :( And Aashish just emailed me to ask me to help him out with his Burrill Business plan competition. He needs a prototype for his LCD thingum and needs Electrical and Computer Engineering expertise. And despite being a failure in ECE, I decided to give it a go. But I took dad's approach in doing things this time. Do 70% of the work but claim only 30% of the credits. I don't think I wanna be part of the team, and I'm not looking forward to a share of the $10k prize money if they win. I just wanna learn something about my field and have something to put down on the resume. Won't have much pressure also, if I'm not part of the team. Told him that if he could find someone better, he should get him. I'd still prefer to slack if I can. hehe~ And I'm not even sure if I can produce a working prototype. People seem to have really high expectations of me, when I'm really really rotten inside.

But then again, I thought I did quite a wonderful job as SSA pres. Although internally, I didn't hold as many interesting events as what Elly did last year, but I thought I did quite a good job in kick-starting a series of stuff, which was on and off in the previous years, some of which are in fact unprecedented. Well, to begin, I believe the Exco never really did a Singapore Film Fest in the past. The only one I know of is the one Rachel did, when she finished her term of service and had time in her final year to do it. Probably someone did something like that before her.

Anyway, internally speaking, I think I made quite a bit of changes. The events held are still the same, and I think I didn't do as well a job as Elly and sihui. But administrative wise I think I did a pretty good job. For one, at least the website is updated and working! (much thanks to Jess!!! :))

Next, we even implemented a forum!!! Much thanks to Jess again!!! She deserves 80% of the credit! Yeap, and even though it's a pretty inactive one for a start, but I believe, it'll be bustling in future! The concept of a forum really evolved greatly since its start up. Initially I only wanted it to be a place for people to crap in. Then it became a place to stick in Item lists for sale, so that graduating seniors have a static place to post their stuff, unlike the usual dynamic email inbox. Then there came an entertainment section where people can post interesting stuff in... hopefully eventually. And if you think that's it, I think I'm introducing a section for the alumni as well! Not sure if that's helpful... but we'll see... I wish there were a few more active followers in the group.

Yes, other than the forum, I even started the SSA membership card system to serve as an identity. Of course, it came as a by-product of the food discount agreement which I manage to make with Asian Kitchens. Hopefully I can get Nam's agreement too during summer. But I sort of doubt it. The guy is too mercenery.

Oh yes, and to facilitate events planning, I even got statistics involved by asking everyone for their exam schedules, so that we can plan our events wisely and have maximum possible attendance.

The contact list idea is really a necessity, but I'm really not sure why the previous committees didn't do it. Thought it's one of the common things that we have in JC/Sec/Pri.

Oh well... Of course no one ever pays attention to little details like the exam schedules and contact list. Some don't even download them when I painfully gathered everyone's data and compiled them nicely together. And they still have the cheek to ask me for people's cell phone numbers or say they don't have so-and-so email address. Slap them manz.. What's the point of doing that in the first place?

Anyway, for much of the stuff I said above, I didn't manage to cover in my 7 min interview. I really wished I had time to say more or have printed stuff out, so that I can talk about more important things. sighz... but it's too late now... But I know what to do next time I have such interviews... Oh well... probably there isn't a next time now... I'm graduating.

Anyway, I was asked as a final question about what do I plan to do in future with regards to community service or are there any important points I would like to highlight in terms of that. Was really stumped there for a while. I mean, I've been talking about that all through the interview, and they're asking me that again?! Oh come on! But maybe that's their theme lahz. But hey! I'm graduating in 2 months man! What do you expect me to do?!!! But i did point out that my whole point of kick-starting so many things is to leave a legacy which future pres can follow. I mean, doing the singapore film fest for just 1 yr and no longer isn't going to benefit the community much. The future presidents have got to continue it in order to effectively spread the Singapore culture. And the first time doing has the most inertia and has all the dirty work to be done. So after things should flow smoother and easier for subsequent times, which is why there is a high chance that this will continue if a capable leader is elected. Oh well, I didn't manage to come up with the last part there and then. So it's such a pity... I should have roped in my Schoofs and my heavy course load too... gah... wasted!

yeap... anyway, although I hope to get it, I'm not really expecting it, especially now that I didn't do as well as I should have. But at least I'm satisfied to be one of the 6 people who are invited out of the 130 invited students. I'm honoured.

***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)

X BzBodies in the Realm Of Life

X K-poes left The Realm Of Life


Blogs

My bro's Lengthy Blog
WeiLing's Nascent Blog
Peilin the Healer's Brollies
Mao yuan's fabulous blog
Yuan Chun the lousy bballer's thinkin blog
Nic's Unparalleled Blog
Michelle's Pink Journal


Inspiration Quotes

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift

When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us.

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back! Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart but if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile.

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real!

Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy.

Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person, too.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched, and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.