|
|
|
Anyway, got back my Stats exam today!!! It's damn damn DAMN gan cheong lahz... I was late somemore, and when I got to class, the prof alr given out the exams and was already going through the solutions on the board. And there I was, sitting there, panicking, and looking at the numbers on the board which says : Ave 78, Max 100, Min 43. Yes, and I was expecting a 68 on the exam!!! Which means I'll be far far far below average, and beyond redemption. Was even contemplating about approaching the prof and asking him how I could redeem myself from this lousy expected grade.
But it turned out that the prof was really generous with partial credits and I had an 87 for it!!! 20 points higher than expected!!! Wooohooo!!! That moment, I really heaved a sigh of relief and silently thanked him and Him for giving me a second chance. I will definitely put more effort in this course in future and make sure this doesn't happen again! Anyway, about the exam, the first question was a really really easy one, which I messed up big time cos I just missed it totally. I mean I know it's a conditional probability problem, but I didn't see the probabilities given as conditonal. Hence I wrote some crap on it, and put down Baye's Rule for Conditional Probability. And there, I was stuck. I have absolutely no knowledge of how to go about solving it. And I had 15 pts for that question out of a total of 25. The second one was better... I knew how to do it. It was really easy. But I got my Variance wrong, cos I missed out the square on the expectation, a typical mistake I had, and my friend warned me again and again about it. haha~ well... I expected 5 pts off that, but in the end, he only took 2. The third was ultimate. I was totally clueless in what I was doing. I just realized that new application an hr before I went for the exam from the TA's notes. I studied it and thought it was a really powerful tool. And there I was, applying that for the very first time ever. And the result I got was totally weird. And yes, I expected to get like 10 pts off... But the prof only took 1, cos I was only 1 step away from the answer, which I was totally blinded to. So yes, prob 1, 2 and 3 were really risky. I mean I screwed up those 3 prob, out of a total of 4, and that means I'm totally fried. Luckily it turned out well. And I could do problem 4. Ah well... Gonna sleep... later still have to wake up early for some girls' scout thingy... hehe~ gonna go teach them how to play chatek!!! hahaha~ |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|