|
|
|
So it really is the music that is the cause of the pop ups. I wonder why. Last time okay one siaz... Maybe they changed the script or something. Shall disable my fav music for some time. haha~
Anyway it has really really been a long week. Have been sleeping at 2.30 am consistently for most days, but still feeling relatively energetic (compared to last sem) in the day. Well, it isn't really that bad though, cos I wake up at 9am. *chey* But the point is, I'm soooo relieved that everything's over. I really couldn't imagine how I actually summoned the energy to go thru all that. And yes, despite around 5 to 7 hrs of sleep a day, I actually settled what I had to do and feel satisfied with it. If you have read my earlier post, you'd know what I have went through, which was really really tiring. hw deadlines (which are pretty scary cos for once, I had to appreciate team efforts on completing the hw. It would be bad to do it alone!) Settling of my DARS or school records in just 2 days, after waiting for a reply from advisor in vain for 2 whole weeks. Right after the DARS issue is settled, I immediately dropped a course which I have been holding on to, just in case I'm not allowed to use another course to satisfy the requirement. And of course, immediately after dropping, I paid my tuition fees online, 1 days before the due date, if not I'd have to pay some late fee. Or actually, the 100% tuition adjustment deadline has passed (it's last week). The 50% tuition adjustment is next weekend. Somehow, I think because I haven't paid the fees yet, which is why the 100% tuition adjustment didn't affect me. Anyway, that aside, there's still the cny thingy which I had finally settled. The restaurant, the time, the menu, the cost. Now just left with the attendance. I just hope there's enough people going. I thought I was quite smart by asking for $15 a pax, rather than $16, which probably is our intended budget. Now the boss wants a little more for each table of 10. So it'll be $16 a pax if each person just chips in a dollar more. And by the way, this menu is good man! It has oysters, scallops, dried scallops soup, roasted pig, crispy chicken, fried quails and everything!!! And it's only $188, which we reduced to $160. You can't beat that man. I think it's quite worth it. Besides a simple meal in an ang mo restaurant is already like $16 to $20! And what's more, this is pretty authentic chinese food, which you can't get easily here. It's a special for cny! And if you think 4 things are more than enough, there's still one last one, which is the biggest one of all. And yes, all these crap have to come altogether at once. It's my Schoofs invention competition. And no, my prototype is not working. And I didn't win any prize, other than the door prize which both jess and Grace drool over in the morning when they saw the poster. It was pretty amusing, cos they were talking about it, and later in the afternoon, I got it from the lucky draw. Grace was like over the moon lahz. But, back to the invention thingy. No, I will probably not give up on this one, because I really see the potential in it, even though I'm not able to illustrate it out yet. I think I'm heading in the right direction in getting it right, just a little far away from the destination. Maybe if I spend another year looking at it, and when I have more time, I'd probably be able to work something out and package it nicely. Its usefulness is being masked by my apparent incompetance now, which may be a blessing in disguise actually. That means that those judges wouldn't scoop me, and come up with one themselves. And yes, I'm probably going to set up a company with this, if I have the chance. The first 2 are just crap. This is uncrafted gold. hehe~ wahhaha~ And I'm not revealing what it is here. poke me on msn if you wanna know. Wait a min, or did I mention it in my previous blog? Lucky you, if I did. Yup, so in a way, I didn't lose the competition. In fact I gained a door prize, which is a cool robo-dinosaur. And on top of that, I've gotten a $415 (minus tax) grant from the Tongs, of which I think I just spent 100ish. That means I'm left with $200ish to buy cheese burgers and stuff. And after participating for 3 years, I think I've gathered around $600ish from this. Not too bad. hehe~ Of course I'm not presenting my best idea. That is a secret, not to be wasted on a small competition like this. And yeap, Wednesday was the climax of everything. HW due on Tues and wed. And my lab report as well as my invention poster and prototype were due on thurs, which means that I have finish by wed. Did the latter 2, and dozed off while doing my lab report at 2.30am thursday morning. Jumped out of bed at 6.52am and rushed out the report which was due at 9.15am. I had to go print the poster from the plotting machine in Engineering hall that morning as well, and the poster was to be up by 9am. Ah well... Anyway, during the competition, there's this really interesting invention which I'm really puzzled as to why they didn't win anything at all. It's called Visual Taste. In summary, it's a computer for the blind and it makes use of the sensories in your tongue to map out an image on the computer by stimulating those sensories. So whenever you go past an image, it gets salty. When you move into an image, it gets really really salty, and when u move out of it, it gets bland. Really interesting, cos it's like tasting salt when there actually isn't any. Smart unfortunate asses! Going on to an entirely different issue, the internet here is really crappy. So is my car. Weird technology. Internet has been down sporadically and even the help desk at Charter concluded that the modem is spoilt. But now, it's up again, for the last 2 days. Very unreliable. The car too! The battery was dead 2 days ago. And now it's working again! Very unreliable... gah... was even thinking of going to change the battery today. But since it's working now, I'm really not sure whether I should go change it or wait till it breaks down then change it, cos the apparent death of the battery may just be due to extremely bad weather. Okay, type until tired already... time to go play bball!!! I'm sick of academics stuff!!! |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|