|
|
|
WAR AGAINST MOULD!!!
After an hour long of intense raiding and decisive strategy planning, I've finally triumph over the colonies of evil mould monsters that have been unruly thriving in the toilet. And to end with a clean finish, I've cleverly covered the entire ceiling of the toilet with clorox to retard any possible growth. Now the toilet is really spick and span. Clean, but smells of clorox. Too bad... no more lemon-flavored cleaning agent lying around in the house to use. But the war wasn't without a price to pay. The toilet still smells strong of clorox even beyond an hour of cleaning. Imagine the amount of clorox vapor that entered the lungs in that one hr of battle. Yeah, Lungs still filled with clorox vapor now (I could even smell it in my breath now), and even had a severe bout of cough towards the end together with much eye irritation as droplets from the spray landed in the eyes. Even fell off the toilet seat as the cover I was standing on gave way under my sheer weight. But I think a certain degree of care and concerns is still lacking in the house. I can recall texts from primary school used to preach that education could make one a better person. I think it's all BS. It's not education that teaches, rather it's probably more on parental teaching and influence as a role model that shapes one's character. Friends do have certain level of influence as well. I could vividly recall how dad used to rush out from his room whenever he hears a loud noise somewhere in the house cos that means something really big fell. (yeah, and it's usually big brother falling off the chair :P) And since then, I always follow what he did, because you never know what may have happened or what have caused such a loud disturbance in the house. I mean if it can create such a loud noise, something really bad must have happened. It may be someone you care about who needs help or just something that needs immediate attention. Even here, I do rush out to check out the source when I hear a loud noise in the house. But apparently residents here possess different views of this. I mean if you're further away and don't hear it, it's fine. But if you're next to it and you hear something really loud, especially from the toilet, which is an accident prone area as it's wet all around and has little space to land without hitting something else if anyone has a bad fall, you should at least go take a look to see if anyone's hurt. Who knows, someone may have just fallen off the sink while cleaning something and hit his head or something. It's wet in there, and especially slippery with all the soap and clorox around. Not mentioning anyone else, even I have to tell myself to be extra careful while climbing up and down to reach awkard parts of the bathroom. Yeah, that's why I think that education and character building are really 2 separate issues. You really can't learn to naturally show care and concern from textbooks. You learn it from people and experiences and practise it. I think even if I hit my head and go unconscious in the toilet with the door closed, I'd probably be only discovered the next morning when people rush for the toilet. Fortunately, only the toilet seat broke off while i was reaching for the ceiling, and I skilfully escaped the ordeal. Oh well, i bet no one will really care or notice if the toilet seat is in good condition or not. Well, not everyone is as aloof. Sihui was the first (and the only) to ask if I was okay after having coughed for like 5 minutes due to the cloud of choking clorox vapor. And she's like far away in the living room and she could hear it through the door. I think she's really a nice girl who'd readily care for friends. For our first finals, she gave everyone of us a photo frame. And the last time when Jess was stressed, she left her an encouraging note and a bar of chocolate. When I went for my Schoofs competition this year, she's the only who remembered and left me a note (or rather, she passed it to me cos I woke up before she could do it) of encouragement. The others are hard as stone. I mean they do care sometimes (and also when asked), but most of the time, it's mainly more on the individualistic side. I mean no man's an island. You're not alone. And those around you are people you care for. It doesn't hurt to just spare like one or 2 minutes to show some concern during circumstances, even if you're tied down with work. Work doesn't end and one or 2 minutes won't make much difference. Oh well, next time when I raise my kids, I must make sure I follow my dad's foot steps and be a good role model for my kids. Kids will really notice and learn whatever you do. Important! Gah... still have some clorox in my lungs and eyes... Eyes damn tired and red now la! Hey guys, if I ever pass out these few days for no reason, it must be due to clorox intoxication. Just send me for some detox treatment k? Nitez! |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|