|
|
|
There was a phonecall for me this morning. It came from the one I least hoped to see. Alas! It really came. What I had expected really happened...
I knew it! I knew it!!! Something would definitely happen when the car goes on a long trip like this! I warned them, I advised them, but they went on with it. But they were fortunate to have realized any problem before the car finally breaks down on the highway and leave them stranded. It wasn't anything really serious. They just had to replace some parts that's all, and the repairs don't cost much. It's just the time and the stress involved when you're out of town and something's wrong with the car. That would teach them a lesson for not listening to me. Well, the good things are now it not only saves me some time from a car check, and but also let those free-riders make some contributions towards the maintenance of the car. Serves them right for not caring about the car and worse still, for bringing the car out on a road trip without at least telling the person who knows most about the condition of the car. My problem? Nope. Yes, once again, my being bo-chup again caused something to happen. Everytime I give in to ignorance, something will surely happen, which is why I always volunteer my services and time to ensure things don't happen. The price to pay is much grumbles when I'm the only one doing it. Oh well, actually I sort of suspected the car has some minor problems on the trip to the outlet mall last time. But I dismissed it due to time and the fact that it was alright after that when I drive around on campus. Planned to arrange for a car check some time around thanksgiving but didn't have the chance to do it. Oh well. I'm not going to specially spend time to make sure the car is set for long trips just so that it would convenient unappreciative free-riders during Thanksgiving. I didn't even sleep the night before Thanksgiving eve. And how do I know they're unappreciative? For one, they just took it so naturally when I put on the brawl for the car last time. One of them saw me doing it and didn't even bother to come over and see what's happening or whether I needed help, which I obviously do. Had to especially go up to ask Jess to help after the whole thing is done except that little bit. And the question is am I responsible for all the scratches and dents? Next, They didn't even call to tell me about using the car for their road trip. They just took it. And I knew it because Jess told me about it, and I even called one of them to tell them about the condition of the car, but obviously it fell on deaf ears. China gals... Talking about china gals, I think the one-child policy really have a negative effect on the kid. I'm not saying that all china kids are like that, but some of them really succumbed badly to it. I mean when they are the only child, they get everything they want. And they do not have siblings to share their care and concern on, hence they don't have the chance to develop the same intuition on friends and others around them. This results in the bo-chup-ness in them. Oh well, I'm thankful to dad for moulding who I am. I may not be the smartest or the brightest, but I think I have at least an 'A*' in the practical part of my life. I am able to handle daily stuff (like the house, car, whatnot) maturely and have the intuition about resolving events that happen or prevent things from happening as far as I can, just like my brothers. It's not hard, but don't understand why some people can't do it. Probably they're just too sheltered. |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|