Finally got down to settling some of the car business. Brought it to a car wash, filled up the gas tank, applied anti-fog/rain/snow/sleet layer to all the windows and windscreens, patched up all those nasty scratches with paint and applied wax to retard rusting in winter, put a brawl to cover up the front end of the car... Basically got the car all prep up for my 2 disciples' driving tests on Wed. What's left is probably the changing of the engine oil. The car even has some Jasmine scent lingering in the interior and all the mats washed. The anti-mist should help in clearer vision on bad days.
Quite a bit of stuff learnt today and I think I'm getting better at this patching business. It looks less vandalized than last time, and it's better coated now with multiple layers of paint. Of course the reason for a car wash is so that I do not have to manually clean the surface of the car, since I'm going to do patching and putting on the bra for the car. By the way, there were like more scratches than I expected on the car. And they're mainly at the back of the car. Probably they're made when backing into a lot or coming out of a steep slope. heh.
Putting on the brawl took much less time than expected. But it wasn't without efforts. Couldn't really fit the hood cover by myself, so in the end had to get cute Jess to help me with it. :P That wasn't too bad. The lower part was worse. Those bull skins were really tough, especially at 0 deg C when the advised temperature in the instruction manual is 21 deg C. If I had to use my body weight to pull the hood cover snugly into position while standing, how much more difficult would it be to do it in a squatting position? If you think that's bad, try doing it lying down under the car. My hands were literally wasted after putting the last clip on under the bonnet. And my legs are flying in all possible directions due to unbalanced force on the entire body system. And I bet any onlooker would be wondering why the hell is this person sprawling all over the rough car park ground and under the car. Oh well... anyways, putting on the brawl was an interesting experience. But the price is dirty jacket and pants. To make things worse, I had to wiggle my body to the right position under the car 4 times (as there're 4 clips to be installed) because you just can't lie down directly to do it. And Jess said she wanna wash for me, but in the end didn't. Boo to that ingrate! That poc didn't honor her words... haha~ :p
haha~ Guess I should be reviewing for my Social Psych exam on monday, and start working on the 3 long hw that're due on Wed soon and cease doing stuff that makes my hands tired and dirty. They still hurt when I move them now, and those ugly spray paint just wouldn't leave my nails. I'm really too nice a guy. Dunno who am I doing all these for. My friends? No man, I'm not the type who'd sacrifice a whole afternoon when I could have spent it on a greater good like doing ECE hw just for a friend. Perhaps I'd do it for a loved one, my buddy or maybe a close friend, but definitely not a friend. I've finally learnt to "not sacrifice so much" for a friend. The returns are not worth it. Well, I used to have a justification for the behavior this afternoon. But no longer... No rewards, but instead, has negative punishments. Dreams busted. Doesn't exactly fit any of the conditioning process so stated in Psych theories. Ah well, Perhaps I'm the only dumb guy in the world who believes in surprises and feels that appreciation should come with action.
This term totally suck, I wish it doesn't exist. And my college life is totally messed up. Gah...