Yeah, blew up my first job interview of my lifetime. It was with NI, going for digital hardware professional position... While things didn't really start off well, it went pretty nicely in the middle. It was really silly of me not to bring my resume with me... but that's because the guy said i only need to bring my transcripts. Great. But I did a pretty good job narrating through my life experiences (including NS). I was even talking about my 351 Roulette proj which I did all by myself with my partner only helping a little here and there. Had a stunner question when he suddenly asked me how I programmed random numbering into the system. That was really quick of him to shoot that, and really caught me by surprise as I did that project 1 yr ago!!! Things had already became fuzzy even though I had previously put in loads of efforts into it. Stumbled for a while, but eventually I recalled how I achieved that, and he was quite pleased with it. On the whole, the character side of the interview was almost perfect, since I had quite a bit of things to talk about. My inventions, FEC, ECE 351 proj, Java exp, NS, SSA Pres... Felt quite bad at times though, when I led myself into a pit and I had to lie to pull through... Was pretty proud of that though, but i, after all, lied, without blinking my eyes.
Therefore, the interview went pretty well until the technical part where I screwed everything up. It was the most impt part, and I just had to not know how to do simple digital problems!!! Really my fault for watching "I Guess" the night earlier and not revising. Haven't touched digital stuff for 1 yr alr manz... and everything creaked unwillingly when I poured through the problem. If i were in my form a yr ago, I'd be able to solve those in 5 sec manz... Now I totally lost in the sea of grey matter. Yeah... so blew up the interview just like that. And I know it by sensing the face change of the interviewer from normal (pink) to red to black... haha~ Wasted his 1 hr. Yeah... I'd probably be super disappointed too if a promising candidate with GPA 3.929 couldn't even do a simple digital ques. Really a Joker manz! But hey, I was just rusty! Not stupid! Oh well, couldn't tell that to the interviewer of course. So that's that.
And dad was really quick in consoling me when I told him about the interview story just now. He's always like that... Really patient with his son's failures and always ready say nice helpful words :) I love daddy!
Well, and if asked if I regretted watching "I Guess" the night earlier, I totally didn't. That had somehow evolved to become my source of encouragement when no one really cared when I'm down. But Wu Zhong Xian is really comedic... I really take my hat off him manz! and the taiwan gals there are really kawaii... hehe~ How can anyone not forget his troubles at least for that 1 hr of program? He really makes my day manz.