sighz... school's starting tomorrow. And I've not done what I would pretty much love to have done before school starts - pack my room!!! Dad told me to do that before school starts but apparently I'm far from being done. Oh well... Gotta get my kopi tiam lights fixed as soon as possible, else i'd feel really sad... hahaha~
I think I really have gotta work harder in reading more widely. Dunno why, I just can't seem to remember the stuff that I've read, while my friends seem to be have little problem with that. Oh well, I guess all these just come with practice, and from now on, I shall attempt to work even harder on my memory. I thought someone once said that the human brain is practically inexhaustible? hehe~ Maybe I'm just plain stupid... the boy who only does well because of hard work and that's only so far he can go.
yay! I just dled the plug in to hear my blog song. Dunno who said that there's no music. Damn!!! Trying to fake my cyber-deaf computer isit??? Anyway, it's been really a long time since i composed a song that I really like. And of cos, this is the first song to put into midi using my beloved score writer. Well, this is the first playable piano song I made. The previous ones are mainly organ or harmonica oriented. Made this song with my favorite pianist in mind. She exudes so much charm when playing the piano. And the good thing is, I made this song with no drafts or planning. Everything just came naturally and I just put them down, which makes me associate my successes with this pianist even more. Well, of cos, after I've finalized the song, I realized several modifications which would make the song sound even better. But I think I'd just leave it as it is. It's already good enough. Sometimes, some things don't require perfection. As long as you're happy with it, it's already perfect. We have to learn to like the flaws of the piece as it's probably the flaws that makes a piece unique. After all, what is perfection? Is there an end to perfecting something? What's more, can the flawed human brain come up with something that is perfect? Perhaps the perfection we've been talking about all along is, oxymoronically, what I'd term as flawed perfection, or essentially, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
Anyway, I like this latest piece best! It's so calming and sweet. =)