One is obviously more elegant, the other is obviously more meaningful, which one should it be? Both have their own merits and demerits. It's really a hard decision to make. Not that I'm really particular about that. If you ask me to choose, I'd just pick any one of them cos it's really not an issue to me since both are good... If I were to really put both sides of the arguments on the table, this is probably it.
If these are the only 2 choices, it really is a debate between the quality and its relevance to recollections. Some may want a more quality product, others may prefer something closer to the heart. It's just a matter of choice. Well, as the saying goes, the fastest way to failure is to satisfy everyone. While it is impossible to do so, I guess what we can do is to do our best to make everyone happy. Even then, someone will still be unsatisfied. But I guess it's probably fine because at least we know that we tried our best to include all the constraints and demands. If someone is unhappy, then that's too bad for that person. It's that person's fault for being so disagreeable. haha~ Well, but perhaps, if we have a third choice that includes both quality and relevance, it'd of course be perfect. And it's definitely possible to do so, since these 2 qualities do not counter each other. Only then, can we say we've really done our best. If a third conflict arises, then I really shouldn't care less about that. I've done my best and my conscience is clear.
Oh well, it's really annoying when one decides to spend precious time re-doing something with the intentions of making it better (together with all those frustrations in the process), and in the end, the original one is still preferred because some prefer this and others prefer the other. I fully understand how one would feel if this happens, as it happened on me many times in the past when I really feel I've improved a lot on it. When I'm thoroughly convinced that what I've come up with is definitely better than before, but really puzzles me why the others don't feel the same way. Perhaps it's all those frustrations or the expense of precious time on something for nothing that are taking effect on one's behavior and clouds the judgment, perhaps the end product is really just another product that is of similar merits to the first, perhaps the end product is really better than the original one just that the others beg to differ... whatever it is, I don't really care since after all, it's really something inconsequential... Well, if you ask me whose side I am on, I'd definitely say I'm on this person's side, since this person really has the intentions and has put in so much effort (and precious time and suffered so much frustrations) in trying to come up with a better product. It's this quality which I respect, it's this quality which I care for, it's this quality which I like. My heart goes out to this person. It definitely sux to find out the very thing (that you feel is definitely better) you've invested precious time for is not being used. I wish I could do something or say something to negate that feeling (and really hate myself for not be able to), but there isn't much I can do except to be there silently wishing that you'd feel better soon. I understand that feeling and I hate that feeling. I wish no one gets that feeling again. It sux. So I hope you'd feel better soon. Just know I'm always there for you and I'm always at your side whatever the issue is... there for you to punch, kick, scream at... whatever... just don't do anything to my face... :)