Monday, August 28, 2006
Whoa! Haven't have time to blog all these while... Time just passed like a tornado. After my last engineering exam on monday, I was already on a road trip that afternoon towards Rushmore, S Dakota. Yes, and I had only half an hr to pack! So naturally, I missed quite a no. of things, but had enough to last the trip. Think my bro and I are really very 爽快 and 干脆。 We initially wanted to go for Niagara, but looked at the map on that day itself and changed our directions 180 deg.

And yes, it was also decided along the way to proceed further to Yellowstone after Rushmore. In other words, if Rushmore is 9 hrs drive away, then Yellowstone is another 9 hrs away in Wyoming. So that makes 18 hrs away from Madison!!! So you can possibly imagine what happened when we were still in Yellowstone on Saturday afternoon 4.30pm and we had to reach Madison by Sunday Night!!! Before anyone assumes we're rushing and not having fun at all, we managed to squeeze in Devil's Tower on Sunday morning after some elaborate detailed planning and changes of routes. My bro was really smart to avoid the dangerous winding high mountain routes when we were moving to our destination on Sat night, but the price to pay was a really eerie and dark unpaved road with totally no feedback at all in terms of signs. Well, compare eerie to dangerous, I'd prefer eerie. hehe~ Oh yes, and we were lucky to have chosen the right route at a Y junction and not get lost. That took us like 1.5 hrs to get out of that eerie place onto a paved highway and I was totally drained by then and bro had to take over.

Anyway, the trip was all in all a really fun one and the long distant drives didn't feel exactly long with the conversations with my bro that ranged from lame jokes to our friends to our history. Just talked about everything and anything that we could think of, and surprisingly we could talk for almost the entire trip!!! Bro is really good at bringing up conversations :)

Yep the trip was just too long to put into words. and I'm too lazy to put in the pictures hhahaha~. And I've just learnt one more thing about myself, which has been there for years - pride. Just realized that this could be an evil thing sometimes in terms of correction. But the weird thing is that even though I may not openly accept the correction at that moment, my subconscious has already altered and I'd correct it after that, if I find it logical. Then again, this thing with pride isn't exactly a bad thing. It's the main consequence for every past successes I have. It just builds on each success and of course diminishes on each failure. So I guess while I have met with innumerable failure, I'd probably have reached a stage where I can be proud of, and I should continue striving for higher aims.

hmm... will just breeze through whatever I've been doing for the last few days after I came back.
1) Shift all the jr's stuff to their new apartment
2) Helping the new students coming to Madison
3) Watching 盖世豪侠

OMG! I think Daphne is soooo cute lorz... hahaha~ Looks just like another friend of mine who's also quite cute. And both of them have really close resemblance in terms of appearance, lingustic preference, and character, ie bubbly. haha~ But no, I don't like her, cos i feel that she's like one of my other cute friend who only take the initiative to approach you when she needs something and doesn't take the initiative to offer help. Somehow I've evolved to like only people who has initiative and are appreciative of me... Anyway, that's the sort of feeling that i get, but may be wrong though since I've only met her once and tokked a few times thru emails.

Had quite a few dads and mums over in Madison, so had a couple of treats as a result. Think they're quite grateful for all the help we provided ranging from where to get stuff, to what is nice in Madison. Yup, and I also feel happy helping cos I know my help has been appreciated. hehe~ one of the parents even went to the extent as to contribute to the SSA fund, but we turned down the offer. But he's grateful enough to offer his contacts when I needed help in finding work next time. He was in HP last time but after that he left to start a company with his ex-colleagues, and I was wondering why he had so much to say when my printing paper got jammed in the printer. Anyway, the really satisfying thing about helping people is that they'll help you in return with their own field of specialty. Yup, one more boost to my motivation to help someone in need. =)

Oh yes, that same parent was surprised (and delighted) to see such a big food market in US - Woodman's, similar to Cosco at my bro's place.

yep, gtg for lunch. Only 9 days left to finish all my SSA business before sch starts. yeah!!!

***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)

X BzBodies in the Realm Of Life

X K-poes left The Realm Of Life


Blogs

My bro's Lengthy Blog
WeiLing's Nascent Blog
Peilin the Healer's Brollies
Mao yuan's fabulous blog
Yuan Chun the lousy bballer's thinkin blog
Nic's Unparalleled Blog
Michelle's Pink Journal


Inspiration Quotes

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift

When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us.

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back! Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart but if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile.

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real!

Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy.

Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person, too.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched, and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.