Wah! 沿水啊!!!
A very common expression to be heard when I was young when the bathroom is a little wetter than usual because someone just had his shower. Well now, having lived 23 years of his life, El Jae finally have experienced the true meaning of that expression.


Video:
https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/ljwong/Flood.wmv?uniq=uajgvs
It's no longer a bathroom scenario. The roads outside are no longer what they were used to be (or at least for that hour or so). They've become a river. A fast flowing river, not anywhere else but right outside my apartment. Slippers floated away, Cars stalled, Basements flooded. In fact the building opposite mine has to be evacuated as the entire basement was filled to the brim!!! It's labeled as a disaster - a flash flood.
A really good description it is - flash. In a mere span of the time used to make lunch, ie 15 min, the roads have turned into a river. There isn't even enough time to watch it grow. It just comes. For one moment, you hear the rain drops and the next time you looked out of the window, things didn't look what it used to be. Fortunately I was smart enough to keep my bike just when it started pouring, else there'd be quite a bit of repairs to do.
It's pretty interesting to experience living in the middle of a disaster, not that I really want to. And I wouldn't say the same if I were living in the building across the street. I would probably go crazy if I come back to find all my books were floating around and my notes soaked, torn and tattered. And of course, with the finals coming in less than 2 weeks. Things probably won't look too good with that. As a matter of fact, my housemates and I almost wanted to get that apartment because it looks really good and it's new. Now you know what lurks behind beauty. hehe~
Anyway, while I was laughing about slippers floating around, I almost lost my bathroom slippers too when i used it to wade to Engineering Hall. It got stuck, came off and started floating for a short distance before I retrieved it from the drift. But man, the water flow was pretty rush. I had to take a step at a time to make sure I won't be washed off my feet and malu myself. hehe~
yup, I guess that's it. I think I was pretty bad in filming the taxi and the car going thru the water. They were driving thru and got their engine stalled, and I filmed the whole process.
Anyway so much for it now. Going to mug in CAE for the whole of next week. Metoerologist are expecting a heat wave to ensue. So, better hide in aircon areas... free and comfortable. Especially when Wisconsin is one of the states which charges the most for utilities. Sux! :P