"It is just that Singapore appears a tad too safe and boring, and so 'we need to work overseas to get a different experience'. "
Read that from the Straits Times concerning an article related to emigration. The subjects are the teens - the future generation of Singapore.
For some reasons, I have evolved to see that statement as immature and childish. We seemed to have taken a safe environment for granted. In the midst of all those terroist threats, war conflicts and disasters, thought this is the time when people yearn for a stable and safe life. And I think that Singapore is really one of the few places which has achieved this level of security and stability. She has done a really good job. Also for some reasons, suddenly I feel obliged to pay my tax tributes to Singapore as the money would go to the progress of the nation and its defense system (of course, the MPs as well). Think it's really a worthwhile cause, to maintain a strong defense so that we'll continue to enjoy this rare stability, an essential factor to raise our families in.
Perhaps it's all about being abroad in the first plae before you start seeing how wonderful Singapore is in comparison. Is it boring? Yes it certainly is, compared to places like DisneyLand and other interesting tourism places. But if you are talking about living for extended periods of time, I think Singapore's entertainment ranks pretty high too. At least there's more stuff to do in the vicinity of your home.
haha okay, i'm just being biased cos I grew up in that environment. People here seem to enjoy their life here as well, as they grew up here. Well despite that, I am still pro-Singapore... wahhahahaa~