Having gloated enough of the misfortune, it's really time to speak of sympathy (not that that isn't any sympathy initially). Was talking to my Ling Wong Msian counterpart just now, who happened to be one of the unfortunate victim of the flood. He tried to look cheerful, but could see that he's super sian. He is the very person I had wished I didn't wanna be. But he seemed to have resigned to it optimistically. Quite glad about that. Wished I could do something to help out, but I have a Java assignment due in 2 days time. 2 days may seem alot, but it isn't for Java programming. If I could be done with my RedBlack Trees, I'd definitely go down and help. Or maybe I should go down and help right now! Will decide after this post.
He is really the unfortunate one. He's only subletting the apt for summer and this had to happen. Imagine your bedroom is in the basement. Imagine coming back to find your room flooded. Imagine seeing the things in your floating around. Imagine bending down into the waist deep water fishing for that ipod you just bought. Imagine seeing all your beloved textbooks torn and tattered. Imagine kicking something hard in the water and realize that that was your pc. Imagine losing almost everything in just a single hour! Such, is the power of a disaster. The power of Mother Nature punishing the good and the bad alike.
Everything's gone with the tide. And those that remain are stuff that require repair. It's been 6 weeks into the course, leaving only the last 2 weeks and this had to happen. "Why me?" is the common reaction to all disasters. sighz.
I think I'll go down now and see if I could help him out with anything. Giving 2-3 hrs of my precious time and mental energy is worthwhile for a friend in need.