whoa! finally back from the Mid western Games in Umich-Ann Arbor... It was really a painfully long journey... Painfully in 2 senses of the word... haha~ yesh, it took us around 7.5 hrs to get there and 10 hrs back!!! And it's all because of the stupid traffic in Illinois where all the tolls and construction are. No way am I going to Ann Arbor again just for Games! gah...
haha~ anyway, the results of the Cpt Ball Games didn't turn out as well as we wanted, but i guess we did pretty well already, given the fact that we have one guy less than other teams and that most of us are either sick or injured even before the Games... haha~ yeah, we thrashed Northwestern, and beat UIUC... haha~ but lost to Umich and Michigan State... Could have done much better if not for the fact that the referees didn't call for fouls where they should have been as well as the fact that I refused to use my evil but legal tactics for the games. Yeah... I tried it once on the Illinois Team and it worked perfectly, but the guy was quite pissed with me i think, and it just didn't go past my conscience to do it again. haha~ yeah, what I did was to stand behind the defender and stopped him from jumping backwards... it was perfectly legal, in fact it's what I always do for basketball... but i just didn't wanna do it again, cos the other team didn't do it on us... haha~ that's the price to pay for trying to be fair and nice... Nice pple are always disadvantaged... Anyway it was fun, as everyone in the team scored. hee~ Well done guys! though i guess none of them will read this... haha~
Yes, on another but similar issue, I was asked to take up the role of a referee for the final two games, Umich Vs MSU (Note: both semi-finals and finals are these b/w these 2 schs as Umich sent in 2 teams). It really was a bad sai kang... but i was glad that Umich won in the finals after their defeat in the semi-finals. It was a close fight, but in terms of morality and skills, i think Umich is far superior than MSU... The guys in MSU, though educated, really likes to KP a lot manz, even though I gave them quite a lot of concessions already... Umich guys on the other hand didn't even mutter a word and they even managed to win gracefully. Well done to them! hee~ I guess I have to be firm the next time i referee and state the rules clearly... it's my fault for being too easily influenced and too nice... haiz... gotta work harder on that if I were going to be a leader or a businessman manz... Be firm and yet fair... Hard task...
Yep, but the nice thing of the event is that I made a number of new friends, from indianna and Umich, which i don't think I'll remember them again the next time round due to my poor memory and recognition ability. ahha~ yeah, and i met one of my S77 grand jrs in Umich too... ahha~ yeah, a chio bu who can sing really well... but dunno why she skipped some rapping parts of the song... haha~ don't think she'll read this either, but i guess my buddy will definitely relate this her if he still reads my rattles in the midst of his busy schedule... hahah~ Ooh yesh, how can I forget to mention Ducky and Junwei, my wushu friends... haha~ Could still vaguely remember hearing Junwei, I think, calling out "Shua Tai Ji ar!" when i was in the Cpt Ball's games against MSU. Really brings back fond memories of Wushu manz... How I really miss them... yesh, and those 3 words were said to remind us that we're doing it too slowly. haha~ It really felt so close to heart manz... unlike those formal/polite/afraid-to-offend-pple conversations going around... yupz, good to see friends from other college in a foreign country.
Alright guess i better get back to work alr... it's really running late... See ya guys!