have a bit of quite weird and random thoughts these days... Was just reading the online ST abt fairer sentence for the mentally ill. Thoughts on that aren't really related actually. I was just thinking what if for some reasons I got myself landed in jail for 10 yrs or so... I'd probably think my life is gone just like that... 10 yrs of my precious time spent stoning behind the metal bars... All my dreams, all the stuff I wanna do and learn, all the good things in life, will be gone at the very instant the judge strikes the hammer (or wadeva you call that wooden crap) and the guards go weiiii-wooo... Life would be bad... so yesh... never ever do anything bad... I still want my life! Army has already been bad enuff in terms of confinement and stuff... No more of that!
yeah, also I came across this article about yet another change in the singapore education system. Previously there's this huge buzz abt project work thing and what not... then comes this direct intake to college stuff... now this... I guess I'd probably missed quite a bit of stuff in between. yeah anyway, that reminds me about the time when I graduated from JC... I didn't really think that things would change that much till the time i become a parent with kids... I thought things would probably stay more or less the same, if the system is working and is good... and if there're any changes, they'd probably not be so different... But I was wrong... Before I even get to graduate from college, everything from Pri to JC have changed... whatever successful tricks I learnt from my parents when I was schooling will no longer be directly applicable to my kids anymore... and that means i have to come up with the tricks myself to point my kids in the so-called "beneficial" direction... When i was in sec sch, it was quite direct... either Clit, Elit or History. Bio as the 9th subject was definite, as it's a bonus on top of the other 8. Now, there's econs and computing in sec sch... this only means that our children have to decide on their future career at an age as early as sec 2!!! And if they can't decide, it's up to us parents to do it! It's no longer as simple as the old times when nothing really matters anyway... Things only start to matter a little when choosing classes in JC (for eg, taking bio in JC isn't really beneficial for, say, electrical Engineers). But times are different now... If you did not decide on econs in sec sch, and want to take that in JC, you're going to lose out by a really huge margin. It's already quite bad for a triple Sc person like me to take EE in college cos I lose out on the math side and I had to really work harder than others to make up for what I have missed. Imagine missing out on sec sch and JC econs and you take up an econs major in SMU... arrgh! That thought sux... Making wise and informed decisions aren't going to be as easy for the next generation of parents... But the good thing is that the next generation of parents are supposedly to be more educated on average and be able to make better decisions... oh well... I guess probably the ones who'd benefit most from this would be the tuition centers... haha~ bigger market now...
On a totally different note, even though I know I'm supposed to be mugging for an exam, the idea of googling friends' blogs struck me as something interesting... haha~ One fine day I decided to google for some of my friends' blogs. So I typed in stuff like " Madison Sihui Blogspot" and I discovered something interesting (other than finding the blogs, and I still remember Sihui's blog ahha~ even though she doesn't want us to read it... I respected her decision on that though). More often than not, we do not write our real names in our blogs... At most, we divulge some of our personal particulars like which school we are studying in, the interesting that happened and what not. yes, and so googling for someone's name and blog normally ends up with search results that are not the subject's blogs but the subject's friends' blogs which have the subject's name in them... yeah and from there you link to the subject's blogs... and yes... as a bonus, you know the subject's friends' blogs, which are likely to be your friends as well, if you type in stuff similar to what I typed. yesh... variations on what I have googled gave me some interesting statistics... 2 of the 6 searches have their own names on the blog itself. 1 of the 6 used her name as the url!!! 2 of them used their email as their url (just like I do, so it's not that surprising). One of the blogs was tricky... I linked to it from another friend's blog, after having seen these words on the tagboard - "Jo, So what's your blog name again?" " Oh yes, now I remember." haha otherwise, I'd really have no clue in searching for it... yeah... but i didn't add them to my favorites... I just searched for the sake of searching... and it proved how easily your so-called "private" blog can be googled out online. It's really no wonder how my blog was found out by the online spydogs in S... A... F... Just key in: WO Dog and viola, there's my blog at the top of the search... Oh yes, and if you are lucky, you could use the "I'm feeling lucky" search tool and probably my blog will just appear directly on your computer screen. haha~ just kiddin abt that... but probably my blog is the only blog that used to have good relations between WO, Dogs and Tamil Tigers... hahah~
Alright... Gonna studee... see ya!!!