Troubled Waters
Ahhh, really troubled this time manz... dunno whether i shd opt for pass fail for ECE 352, the course im taking this sem. Gah... For those in the unknown, the dept is opening up this alternative because of an unfair curve which brings the scores of two classes together. It's unfair because the teaching disparity of the two profs are as great as Great Wall of China... ok... and needless to say, unfortunately, I'm in the class with the prof that is not that good. Many students complained, and of cuz, me being the last one to do so... hee hee~ sent the prof a super duper long email of 1166 words to complain abt the unfairness... i mean if they wan to compete, it must be a fair competition right? Why fun is there when some start off at the 5mile mark while others start off from the 0mile start line in a 10 mile race? Even if u r the best runner, u may not necessarily turn out to be the best right? gah... So tt's y they came up with this sol to improve on the fairness... dunno why they can't curve the 2 classes individually... some funny engineering policy... Budden now am in a ambivalence. Should I take or not? If i take, that would mean hiding away from challenges and difficulties. But if I don't, I'll be competing in an unjust race, and I may not emerge with the results I had wanted. If my results all along are super good or super lousy, there won't be this paradox... the fact is that I've put in so much hard work and my results are hovering between an A and AB or even B if sth bad happens... Taking a pass fail would mean all these are going down the drain... my 20 hrs of hard work are unrecognized... But i may be able to save my GPA if I dun get an A, something which im unable to guarantee... ahhhh!!! u noe, it's those situation when u start running a 21km half marathon. You fought so hard liao, and reached last 2 km... then someone gives u the option to back out now... u are tired... and u do not know whether u'd be able to make it in time at the finishing line...but if u fail to do it, u will receive a cert saying that u participated but did not manage to complete it in time to get the award. time left is 10 min to get some award... Can u do it? probably u can't... but u r almost there. Besides u've run 19km liao... Now someone gives u an opportunity to slack, saying that u'd have participated in this half marathon and have done well... but neva say how well it is... it looks better den getting the cert that says u din make it, but it looks worse than the cert saying that u made it. ahhh... can't decide which step to take...
All right, back to studies...