|
|
|
Finally, the last lights of the super long Thanksgiving break have come. Many things have happened, and time just slipped by without my knowledge.
For one, I've finally dissipated the rage i had with blogger and my com when both of them conspired maliciously to erase the entry that I had spent more than an hour typing. For two, I've finally managed to relax myself for a couple of hours, despite the abundance of sleep I awarded myself with, with games of yahoo pool last night with my darling :) Not bad sia, she actually managed to clinch a few victories from me... *clap clap* I swear that some of them I really never let you :) "some" could be 2 for all you know though, and "a few" could be 3... :) For three, I managed to make some significant progress in my invention and at the same time, discovered more about myself. For four, I managed to sacrifice that free splendid Thanksgiving Dinner for an equally splendid, but not free screening of The Incredibles at Marcus Theatre. Had a good laugh though. But missed free food, and Turkey!!! Damn! For five, I managed to draw some similarities between Dorm life in US College and Bunk Life in Sg Army. Move-In Day = Enlistment Day. Dorm Food = CookHouse Food. Self-prepared food (usually tastes better) = Instant Noodles Using the Hot water Dispenser. Yelling your lungs off after Quiet Hours = Screaming your head off after Lights Out => both of which offers you a nice little contact card with conditions attached. Returning to Dorm after a hard day of lessons = Returning to bunk after a long day of training => the ensuing activity is the same - Zzz. 1st Weekend in College = Parent's Visiting Day 1st Weekend to go home = 1st Book Out Day. = Bring laundry back home to wash. ThanksGiving Break = Long WeekEnd => The feeling of coming back from Thanksgiving or Long WeekEnd is the same - it sux. Also, everyone brought back loads of goodies to survive the remaining weeks of the Semester, or BMT. LJ's ThanksGiving Break = Confinement in Camp => Having no one ard in the dorm is analogous to seeing empty bunks and cookhouses in camp. Trotting around the campus is analogous to doing Prowling Guard Duty in Tekong. Feelings are similar for both cases - it sux. Last Exam Day = POP in BMT (Pass Out Parade) => Finally freed from the clutches of the School or Camp to welcome an even more advanced course that has yet to come. Winter Break = 1 Week Break after BMT => Allowed to go home to cheong with whoever or whatever activities that you have. Time flies even faster during this time. The whole cycle starts again after the Winter Break. ( 1 week Spring Break = CNY break in Jan/Feb) However there are also differences, which are as follows: You pay to be in College, while you get paid in Army. You have to use your brain in College, while you have to try not to use it in Army. You suffer the consquences of Chao-Kenging in College, while you enjoy and explore the art of Chao-Kenging in Army. Of course, it's 2 people to a room here, while it's 10 to 1 in Camp!!! Toilets are still public though, to my dismay. Anyway, that's so much for now. Don't think I'll be re-writing what that was erased. Can't be bothered... haha~ see ya guys! *I Miss My dear Dear!!!* |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|