|
|
|
Yeee Harrrr!!! Just came back from a super manly activity - SHOPPING!!! wahaha~ just went to Chicago Premium Outlet for the whole day!!! From 8.30am to 11pm!!! wahaha~ naturally, the time spent is directly proporational, if not exponential increase, to the amount of money spent!!! Well, just spent US$463(incl tax) at the outlet, solely buying things for myself, and myself alone!!! First time in my whole life I've spent so much $$ on shopping for my own self... In the past, the most was S$100-200... and most of the time when i was spending too much was for others -friends, relatives and family. Now, US$463!!! All for Tian Cai!!! whahahaa~ Well, Feeling now is really ambivalent. Though guilty, I felt that this was truly worth it, in terms of need and value!
Need is obvious, because a large majority of the things bought will be used to survive thru the nasty winter which goes as low as -20 deg C here, with a record of -40+ deg C in the 1980s-1990s. Therefore, as a native of a tropical country who've never been thru real winter, it's natural for this Kiasee guy to want to be fully prepared to combat the cold bitter season. Really was afraid that the winter here is too cold for me... Well, value wise, i'd say that it's really worth it, considering that all of them are branded!!! Wif Nike, Nautica, Polo Raph and Loreigns and Timberland!!! wahaha~ of cuz the nike one isn't winter clothing... it's bball accessories... But other than that, all are for winter! And despite the already low prices due to the fact that they are factory outlets, we were given discount coupons!!! And I dare say, I've saved at least US$120+!!! Cuz i spent like $275 at Nautica, buying a thick Down Jacket (my Life Saver), 2 woolen pants (another pair of Life Savers - this and the former were really really NEEDED!), 2 rather thick woolen clothes (these are good to have) and 3 pairs of socks (not needed, but required to hit the requirement for an extra $25 discount. This already saves me 75 bucks or shall I say $63 to be precise, cuz 5 bucks goes to Dong, and 8 bucks goes to that 3 pairs of socks. Net profit due to that pair of socks was 17 bucks... so quite worth it... Bought 2 pairs of winter boots/ shoes from Timberland... Already tried to get the cheapest liao, by asking to buy only 1 pair from the 2 for $40 section. But one paird costs like $39+, and 2 pairs $40... So might as well get 2 pairs... haha~ My dear bro, if u wan, u can take the other pair, since our shoe size the same... haha~ but dun think u need it... it's good for walking though... won't slip and it's waterproof!!! Good to use in Rainy Sg too!!! hmmm... Actually wanted to get a smaller size one instead for dear, but apparently smallest is 8... so haiz... Americans have big feet man... or was I at the man's section?? But that was the only section with 2 for $40 shoes... Anyway, bought 2 rather thick woolen clothes at Polo Raph and Loreigns too... Cuz i guess i needed more thick clothes for the winter. Actually i first visited Polo Raph before going to the wonderful Nautica shop... Anyway, bought hat, gloves and scarf at Polo Raph too... So now, winter LJ goes Branded... Oh my!!! But it's really worth the value, i think... Therefore, now i've rather mixed feelings... Dunno whether I'm feeling guilty becuz of extravagance or whether it's really worth the value. It's a lot of money spent, but it's not only worth the value, but also, I won't need to worry abt the winter and I will need it and use it at least for the next 4 yrs! Tours may also need those clothes. But for now, I only know that I've to save as much as I can from now on, since I've already spent that $$!!! At least this could alleviate part of my guilt conscience. yupz, so new max spending target is $1k till the end of the yr!!! So that I'll at least have enough money left in the bank to proudly report to my father... hee~ dun think i'll be shopping for any more things liao, except b4 i go back sg where i'll get some little souvenirs and some things for dear. Shd cost abt 50-100 bucks for that, but this is already included in the $1k spendings limit. Yupz, must save save save from now on!!! Anyway, 1st time smelling the presence of a skunk... Really smells like shit... Didn't know what the hell was that at first, till my friend told me. He got to know of that from a native American hunter. It wasn't too bad, but i was told that this smell was rather far away from the source... So i really can't imagine the PSI level at the skunk's tail. Not a good experiment to test... Alright, gotta go bathe and sleep liao... tataz! A lot to catch up on studies!!! Mustn't let papa down after spending so much of his $$!!! |
|
***Try dragging me and my friends *** =)
|
|